Le Chateau Or The Castle Of Nice, Nice
About Le Chateau Or The Castle Of Nice, Nice
Le Chateau Or The Castle Of Nice, Nice - Address, Phone Number
Address: Colline du Chateau, 06300 Nice, France
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 36.3K times in trip plans
Ancient Ruin, Castle, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Le Chateau or the castle of Nice was a fortified structure built for military purposes, in the eleventh century on a rocky hill overlooking the Bay of Nice. After several conquers and infestations, it was taken in 1705 by the French troops and destroyed in 1706 at the order of Louis XIV. Many years until 1830, King Charles Felix ordered the recreation of the hill as a landscaped garden with pathways and embellished with a cascade. This site offers an exceptional view of the Baie des Anges Every year since 1946, the PCF of the Alpes-Maritimes organizes a grand and royal celebration named as the feast of the castle. It brings together all sections of the PCF 06 and offers discussion groups and concerts of contemporary music department. The Castle Hill still bears numerous historical evidence of the degraded fortress.
Nearby excavations of the ancient cathedral have recordedly revealed some large blocks of the stone reversed from the old castle.
Bespeaking of its old glorious history, Le Chateau today stands as a great evidence of ancient architecture attracting interest of varied historians and architects. Absolutely free for visitors, the place has no Le Château Tickets or Le Château Ticket Prices. No fretting over the long lines to Buy Tickets for Le Chateau makes it less of a hassle and more fun to visit the place and enjoy.
Le Chateau Or The Castle Of Nice Information
- Near the gazebo overlooking the waterfall, the tourists are facilitated to see the base of the north wall of the old tower which still bears the impact marks of a cannon ball.
How To reach Le Chateau Or The Castle Of Nice by Public Transport
- Colline du Chateau
Restaurants Near Le Chateau Or The Castle Of Nice
- Arlequin Gelati Italiani
- Pastry Plaisirs
- Le Vingt4
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nice and book an accommodation of your choice.
Le Chateau Or The Castle Of Nice, Nice Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Theatre L'alphabet : Cours De Theatre - Ecole De Theatre - Spectacle Nice
- Hotel Rossetti
- Hotel Mercure Nice Centre Grimaldi
- Hotel De Flore Nice Promenade By Happyculture™
- Nice Excelsior - Châteaux & Hôtels Collection
- Hotel Mercure Nice Marche Aux Fleurs
- Ac Hotel Nice
- Nice Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nice
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nice
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nice
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nice
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nice
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nice