Archbishop Makarios Iii Cultural FoundationCurrently Open
This place gives you a good insight into Cypriotic spirit! The main thing to see here is the Byzantine Museum – a large collection of images from all over Cyprus that show the nation’s development from the 9th through 19th centuries. Highlights include:
- Mosaics of the church of Panagia in Lythragkomi (525-530).
- Thirty six pieces of Christ Antifonitis church murals (15th century).
- Artwork recovered from Turkish occupied Cyprus.
- Items such as relics, vestments and vessels from Cypriotic Christian history.
The Gallery is the other hightlight. European, Cypriotic and Greek art exhibited, mostly covering Renaissance to Modern times. It’s divided into three sections:
- Religious and mythological European paintings from 15th-19th centuries
- A Greek Revolution colletion – paintings, prints and maps.
- Contemporary Cypriotic and Greek art.
Archbishop Makarios Iii Cultural Foundation Hours
- Art Gallery: Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 12:30, 13:30 - 16:00
- Art Gallery is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
How to Reach Archbishop Makarios Iii Cultural Foundation
- Ask the locals for directions.
- Get here on foot.
- Emporiki Stoa
- Domus Lounge Bar & Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nicosia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nicosia and book an accommodation of your choice.
25% of people who visit Nicosia include Archbishop Makarios Iii Cultural Foundation in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
44.12% of people start their Archbishop Makarios Iii Cultural Foundation visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Archbishop Makarios Iii Cultural Foundation
51.52% of people prefer walking in order to reach Archbishop Makarios Iii Cultural Foundation