How to Reach Nicosia
- By Air: Currently two airports serve Cyprus – the Larnaca Airport (40 km away) and the Paphos Airport (140 km away). These two serve flights to major European cities.
- By Road: Larnaca (43 km) and Limassol (83 km) are the usual cities from which travellers arrive. Nicosia is ell connected to the other cities by bus public transport; check Cyprus By Bus website. Taxis are much more expensive, and there are major places from where you can hire cars.
- On Foot: The Old City, where most of the attractions are, is small enough to be covered on foot.
- By Bus: There is an extensive and cheap bus system if you want to head out to Greater Nicosia, but the timetables are unreliable.
- By Taxi: Private taxis can be hired, but they’re non standardized, so telling them apart will require greater attention (their number plates will always start with T).
- By Bike: Bike in Action is new thing – a sharing system that’s the smartest way to get around Old Town.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nicosia. The most preferred mode of transport in Nicosia is Car.
Average distance: 13.37 km Average time: 23.22 min
Car 65%Driving 18.31 min Overall average time for 15.42 kms 18.31 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5%Bus 40 min Waiting 10 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 30 kms 55 min
Walking 20%Walking 27 min Driving 4.25 min Overall average time for 2.55 kms 31.25 min