How to Reach Nicosia, Cyprus
The Easiest Way to Reach Nicosia
- By Air: Currently two airports serve Cyprus – the Larnaca Airport (40 km away) and the Paphos Airport (140 km away). These two serve flights to major European cities.
- By Road: Larnaca (43 km) and Limassol (83 km) are the usual cities from which travellers arrive. Nicosia is ell connected to the other cities by bus public transport; check Cyprus By Bus website. Taxis are much more expensive, and there are major places from where you can hire cars.
- On Foot: The Old City, where most of the attractions are, is small enough to be covered on foot.
- By Bus: There is an extensive and cheap bus system if you want to head out to Greater Nicosia, but the timetables are unreliable.
- By Taxi: Private taxis can be hired, but they’re non standardized, so telling them apart will require greater attention (their number plates will always start with T).
- By Bike: Bike in Action is new thing – a sharing system that’s the smartest way to get around Old Town.
Are you looking for a Nicosia travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Nicosia
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nicosia. The most preferred mode of transport in Nicosia is Car.
Average distance: 12.92 km Average time: 22.19 min
Car 70.59%Driving 19.17 min Overall average time for 16.38 kms 19.17 min
Walking 23.53%Walking 27 min Driving 4.25 min Overall average time for 2.55 kms 31.25 min
How to Reach Nicosia from Nearby Cities
|Girne to Nicosia||15.67 km||15 mins|
|Larnaca to Nicosia||39.12 km||39 mins|
|Limassol to Nicosia||87.75 km||1 hour 45 mins|
- How to reach Ayia Napa
- How to reach Limassol
- How to reach Larnaca
- How to reach Paphos
- How to reach Pano Panagia
- How to reach Pyrga
- How to reach Pano Lefkara
- How to reach Poli Crysochous