How to Reach Nicosia
- By Air: Currently two airports serve Cyprus – the Larnaca Airport (40 km away) and the Paphos Airport (140 km away). These two serve flights to major European cities.
- By Road: Larnaca (43 km) and Limassol (83 km) are the usual cities from which travellers arrive. Nicosia is ell connected to the other cities by bus public transport; check Cyprus By Bus website. Taxis are much more expensive, and there are major places from where you can hire cars.
- On Foot: The Old City, where most of the attractions are, is small enough to be covered on foot.
- By Bus: There is an extensive and cheap bus system if you want to head out to Greater Nicosia, but the timetables are unreliable.
- By Taxi: Private taxis can be hired, but they’re non standardized, so telling them apart will require greater attention (their number plates will always start with T).
- By Bike: Bike in Action is new thing – a sharing system that’s the smartest way to get around Old Town.