Home to some of the world’s best world heritage sites, Nikko is charming town in Japan’s Tochigi Prefecture. Shrines, national parks, supremely picturesque bridges, and some of Japan’s most exquisite natural attractions, Nikko is beauty! Add in some hot water springs, out-of-the-world spa therapies, and interesting events and festivals, Nikko has more reasons than one to draw you towards it.
A popular day-trip destination by many from surrounding locales like Tokyo, Nikko is best explored with a good amount of time on your hands. Tourism being one its major economic advantage, Nikko and its locals know how to charm you. Dating back to the 8th century, you are likely to experience the mystique old-world charm as you explore the town.
Essential travel information and Nikko tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Japan Standard Time; UTC+9
- Currency: Japanese yen
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 100 V/ 50/60 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Japanese is the official language Nikko.
- Security: Dial 110 for police, 119 for Ambulance/Fire.
- Off-beaten Path: NA
- Tipping: Although not customary, tipping is appreciated as a form of gratuity.
- Tourist Traps: NA
- Blowing your nose in public is considered rude.
- Walking as you eat is considered disordered.
- You might be considered rude, if you pour yourself a glass of wine.
- Avoid slurping noodles.
Nikko Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Nikko. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Nikko trip planner.