Cryptomeria AvenueCurrently Open
- Address: Nikkō-shi, Tochigi-ken, Japan, Nikko Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Family And Kids, Road
A street couldn’t get any more picturesque!
Beautiful Japanese motorway laced with national trees of Japan, the approximately 13,000 cryptomeria trees, locally referred to as Sugi. These trees are estimated to be planted some 400 odd years ago, by the then feudal lord serving Tokugawa Ieyasu, named Matsudaira Masatsuna. The stretch doesn’t seem to cease with its length of 35.41 kilometers! Not a surprise, that this attraction is mentioned in the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest tree-lined avenue in the world. Today the area encompasses about 200,000 cedars.
How to Reach Cryptomeria Avenue
- Buses traveling between Moto-Hakone and Hakone-machi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nikko before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nikko and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Cryptomeria Avenue Address: Nikkō-shi, Tochigi-ken, Japan, Nikko
- Cryptomeria Avenue Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Cryptomeria Avenue(preferred time): 07:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Cryptomeria Avenue: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
3.35% of people who visit Nikko include Cryptomeria Avenue in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
31.25% of people start their Cryptomeria Avenue visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Cryptomeria Avenue
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cryptomeria Avenue
People normally club together Michi No Eki Nikko Kaido Nikoniko Honjin and Suginamiki Park while planning their visit to Cryptomeria Avenue.