Edo Wonderland Nikko EdomuraCurrently Closed
- Address: Japan, 〒321-2524 Tochigi Prefecture, Nikko, Karakura, 470−2
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-288771777
- Ticket Price: 4700 JPY
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment
Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura - Review
Exploring Japan or Nikko for that matter, you are bound to question what exactly was this Edo Period, that Nikko is all about! The Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura will quench your curiosity!
Depicting the history of Nikko, the Edo Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura features all the quintessential Japanese characteristics. From geisha draped in kimonos, to samurais jumping from rooftops, complete with their trademark topknots, you will find it all here! Here you can also indulge in the very scrumptious Edo cuisine. Try your hand at the predominant occupations of the Edo era, dress like a character from then and so on. All this and more is sure to transform you into one Edo character.
Full of dining, amusements and events The Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura will keep you entertained for the day!
Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura Ticket Prices
- Children from 6-12 years of age: 2,400yen
- Children 5 years old and under enter free of charge.
- Afternoon Pass from 14:00, or 13:00 in the winter season: 4,100yen for adults and 2,100yen for children.
- For more ticket information for Discounts for People with Disabilities, Seniors Discounts and Parking Charges refer official website.
Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entry is one hour before closing time.
- Open on all Japanese public holidays; refer official website for exact dates.
- Closed during winter maintenance period for 14 days – 8th December to 21st December.
How To reach Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura by Public Transport
- Board the bus for Nikko Edomura at stop 3 at the Kinugawa-Onsen Station Bus Rotary from Kinugawa-Onsen Station.
- Free bus services from Fujiya Kanko Center (Nikko Tosho-gu Mae) to Nikko Edomura.
- For more information on bus timetable, refer official website.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nikko before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nikko and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura
67.5% of people who visit Nikko include Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
62.67% of people start their Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
7 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 7 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura
Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura Map
Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura Trips
Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura, Nikko Reviews
It was fun and family friendly. Many tourist people, but many spoke English fairly well. One of the comedy shows we randomly stumbled upon became the highlight of that day--where one of our friends was randomly selected to play as the main character in the play. He became famous afterward because everyone knew his name.
Great family place! Colonial times Tokyo! Lots of stuff to do to keep everyone entertained all day. First, you can rent super cool period clothing. Kids lived it! The adults looked great too! Shows were fun. Water show and Ninja show are the highlights. Lots of food and snacks. Lots of Edo activities. Throwing stars were super fun and kids won prizes! If you rent samurai or kimono garb, do the Ninja house after you return your outfit since you won't fit!
Edo Wonderland is certainly one of a kind. The attention to detail is remarkable; it was like stepping into a time portal to Edo. Though my Nihongo is quite limited, I enjoyed the shows. Wish I could’ve stayed longer but we had to catch the train back to Tokyo. Don’t miss the Kai Kai Ninja House (not for the easily dizzy!) and the Ninja Maze. Has anyone here solved the maze? I never did, dammit. 😂
Somewhere away from the hustle bustle of Tokyo. In the green mountains lies this place. Period attire and equipment are very educational. Don't miss the samurai show. Full of energy and very well enacted. Plus point is the train ride to Nikko and the bus from there.
Edo Wonderland is a nice concept and is probably quite fun for Japanese kids. Though, for adults, you can have more Edo style fun by simply traveling around Japan. In comparison - for adults, the wonderful Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural museum offers more to see and more authenticity.