Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 8-27 Honchō, 本町 Nikkō-shi, Tochigi-ken 321-1434, Nikko, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-288536767
- Ticket Price: 510 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Memorial, Family And Kids
About Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park, Nikko
Want a break from all the shrines and waterfalls? Head to the heavenly tranquil Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park.
This is one Nikko attraction that promises Zen like none other! The ex-residence of Nikko’s then emperor and his wife, this residence accommodates a whopping 106 rooms and immaculately clipped lawns and gardens that also included a cherry tree, apparently dating back to 400 years!
The corridors of this once Emperor’s-residence are where you will find some striking intricate carvings representing eras of the Edo, Meiji and Taisho periods. The surrounding areas offer a blissful walk besides a Rocky River valley. The whole experience is sure to take you back in time.
The Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park lies at a very close distance from another one of popular Nikko attractions, the Shin-kyo Bridge.
Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park Ticket Prices
- Given ticket prices are for adults.
- Group discount for 20 or more people: 410 yen
- Elementary and junior high school student: 250 yen
- Group of 20 or more school students: 200 yen
Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Throughout the year reception is open until 4 pm.
- The attraction is closed every Tuesday (in the case of a national holiday, the next day) and Year-end and New Year 29th December to 1st January.
- For more information about close and open days refer to official website.
How To reach Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park by Public Transport
- Take a Tobu Bus towards Yumoto Onsen, Chuzenji Onsen or Oku-sanou.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nikko before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nikko and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park
89.66% of people who visit Nikko include Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
47.69% of people start their Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park
61.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park
Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park Map
Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park Trips
Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park, Nikko Reviews
Beautiful and quiet place, a must see in Nikko. It might be a bit now crowded in spring since there's a huge Sakura tree, I've been there in Summer and Autumn and both times enjoyed it a lot. The building is really well conserved, they used traditional techniques to keep it as it was when it was built. The gardens are very beautiful too, and quite big. In total it will take from 2 to 3 hours to see everything if you take your time. They also have a small gift shop and guess in different languages. This is the perfect place to visit on a rainy day!
Beautifully preserved former imperial residence, with different architectural periods for different wings of the residence. Carpeted walkways and a good place to visit if windy or rainy. Landscape gardens are beautiful though small, and are lovely to meander in on an autumn morning, away from the crowded shrines and temples nearby. Entry fee required and covers both the residence and gardens. Parking is available opposite, and a souvenir shop and tea shop are also located next to the washroom outside of the residence
Outstanding experience. Well maintained buildings and grounds.
It waa quite interesting and the garden was amazing. Closea very early.
A good visit if you have time, though the villa can be a little bland in areas. Nice garden.
All QuestionsNikko tamozawa imperial villa memorial park
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Chapel Eleele
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames