Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park129 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 8-27 Honchō, 本町 Nikkō-shi, Tochigi-ken 321-1434, Nikko, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-288536767
- Ticket Price: 510 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Memorial, Family And Kids
Want a break from all the shrines and waterfalls? Head to the heavenly tranquil Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park.
This is one Nikko attraction that promises Zen like none other! The ex-residence of Nikko’s then emperor and his wife, this residence accommodates a whopping 106 rooms and immaculately clipped lawns and gardens that also included a cherry tree, apparently dating back to 400 years!
The corridors of this once Emperor’s-residence are where you will find some striking intricate carvings representing eras of the Edo, Meiji and Taisho periods. The surrounding areas offer a blissful walk besides a Rocky River valley. The whole experience is sure to take you back in time.
The Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park lies at a very close distance from another one of popular Nikko attractions, the Shin-kyo Bridge.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park
- Given ticket prices are for adults.
- Group discount for 20 or more people: 410 yen
- Elementary and junior high school student: 250 yen
- Group of 20 or more school students: 200 yen
Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park Hours
- Throughout the year reception is open until 4 pm.
- The attraction is closed every Tuesday (in the case of a national holiday, the next day) and Year-end and New Year 29th December to 1st January.
- For more information about close and open days refer to official website.
How to Reach Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park
- Take a Tobu Bus towards Yumoto Onsen, Chuzenji Onsen or Oku-sanou.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nikko before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nikko and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.75% of people who visit Nikko include Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park in their plan
58.82% of people start their Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park visit around 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park
75% of people prefer walking in order to reach Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa Memorial Park