Nikko Tosho-gu393 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2301 Sannai, Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture 321-1431, Japan Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-288540560
- Ticket Price: 1300 JPY
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Estimated at a cost of 40 billion yen in the current economy, the Nikko Tosho-gu is Japan’s premier world heritage site. Constructed in the 16th century, 1636 was the year to be precise this attraction is a marvel given its spellbinding architecture of fifty-five buildings, that was erected in a considerable short span of time – seventeen months!
Every adjective to describe beauty will not justify how beautiful this attraction actually is! Following its natural topography of surging and plunging landscapes, the attraction’s fifty-five buildings, are beguiling to say the least. Oriental colors and architecture dominate every sight here.
Its historical importance lies in the fact that the Nikko Tosho-gu is where the initiator of the Tokugawa Shogunate which reined Japan for more than 250 years until 1868 - Tokugawa Ieyasu, finally rested. Accommodating both the elements of Buddhist as well as Shinto, this was a common place for locals to worship until the Meiji Period.
The five-story pagoda is the main draw of this attraction, placed right in front of the main entrance. The wood carvings, Yomeimon Gate, Honjido Hall, Nemurineko among others are what you will appreciate at this site.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nikko Tosho-gu
- Mentioned ticket price includes admission to all parts of the shrine.
Nikko Tosho-gu Hours
- Given closing hours are for the months of April to October.
How to Reach Nikko Tosho-gu
- JR Nikko or Tobu Nikko Station/Bus/7 min./Shinkyo Bus Stop/10 min
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nikko before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nikko and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Nikko Tosho-gu Address: 2301 Sannai, Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture 321-1431, Japan
- Nikko Tosho-gu Contact Number: +81-288540560
- Nikko Tosho-gu Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Nikko Tosho-gu Price: 1300 JPY
- Best time to visit Nikko Tosho-gu(preferred time): 08:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Nikko Tosho-gu: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
39.94% of people who visit Nikko include Nikko Tosho-gu in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
84.48% of people start their Nikko Tosho-gu visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Nikko Tosho-gu
78.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nikko Tosho-gu
People normally club together Yudaki Falls and Rinno-ji Temple while planning their visit to Nikko Tosho-gu.
People also prefer to start their day with Nikko Tosho-gu.