Rinno-ji Temple149 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Japan, Yamanouchi Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture 321-1431 2300
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-0288540531
- Ticket Price: 300 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Nestled next to the Taiyuinbyo Shrine, the Rinno-ji temple is supposed to be Nikko’s most important temple. Founded by Shodo Shonin in the 8th century, while pioneering Buddhism in Nikko, the Rinnoji temple is home to three deities’ statues, that are considered to be manifestations of Nikko’s mountains’ deities. Thus, you have here huge wooden statues, of the deities Amida, Senju-Kannon and Bato-Kannon, varnished with gold.
There are several Buddhist as well as Tokugawa related exhibitions happening at this attraction, almost any given time of the year, the hall where they take place is referred to as the treasure house. Then there is the Shoyoen, a small Japanese style garden, verdant with amber maple trees.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rinno-ji Temple
- Group of more than 30 people: 270 yen
- Elementary and middle school students: 100 yen
- Group of elementary and middle school students: 90 yen
Rinno-ji Temple Hours
- The attraction will be closed occasionally about 10 times per year; schedule is subject to change.
- For more information refer official website.
How to Reach Rinno-ji Temple
- Buses to Toshogu from Tobu and JR Nikko Stations.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nikko before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nikko and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.63% of people who visit Nikko include Rinno-ji Temple in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
86% of people start their Rinno-ji Temple visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Rinno-ji Temple
94% of people prefer walking in order to reach Rinno-ji Temple