How to Reach Ningbo
- By Air: Ningbo Lishe Airport is about 20 minutes’ drive from the city centre and has domestic flight services to Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenyang, Xi'an, Xiamen, Nanchang, Haikou, Shantou, Shenzhen, Changsha, Nanjing, Kunming, Chengdu, Lanzhou, Zhuhai, Hefei, Guilin, Chongqin, Dalian, Qingdao, Wuhan, Fuzhou, Harbin andUrumchi. There are also flights to international destinations like Bangkok, Hong Kong, Macau, Kaohsiung (Taiwan), Incheon (Korea) and Fukuoka in Japan. The taxi fare is usually 45-60 Yuan. You can also take the Shuttlebus from the airport to reach the city.
- By Train: Ningbo South Railway Station has direct trains to several destinations in China. All the trains are air-conditioned except the services K835/836 and 5081/5082 that depart for Shanghai.
- By Bus: Buses run between Ningbo and several places in the province, as well as to the cities in and around the region.
- By Bus: Ningbo has a comprehensive bus system that has services running all over the city for the ticket prices of 1 Yuan.
- By Motorbikes: Renting motorbikes is a great way to explore the places outside the main city.
- By Car: Driving around the city is the best way to get around the city. However, you must be familiar with the routes. You can also rent a car at the hall of Ningbo international airport.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available at a minimum charge of 10 Yuan for the first 3.5km with an additional 2 Yuan as a fuel tax.By Ferry: Ferries are available to take tourists to the sightseeing places from the passenger harbour station.