Xuedou MountainCurrently Open
- Address: Xikou Town, Fenghua 315502, China, Ningbo Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Waterfront, View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
A mountain about 800mts above sea level with a white peak and ‘dou’ or a hole in the peak form where water sprouts out. It’s spectacular sight to behold and hence it is also known by the name Milk Spring. There as many as 60 highlights in the mountains with a few notable ones as follows:
- Xuedou Temple, a temple of great spiritual as well as historical significance. This 1600 year old temple gained prominence during the Tang and Song dynasties when it received 41 imperial edicts from the several generation of emperors. So far the temple has about 5760 Confucian classics, jade seals, jade Buddhas and much more.
- Qianzhang Rock Waterfall is right in front of Xuedou Temple is a beautiful falls with a staggering height of 186mts. When the sun comes out from the behind the clouds a rainbow from as an arch through which water falls which is a magnificent sight to see.
- Miaogao Platform is actually only 396mts above sea level. Since it stands out against the mountains you can see the entire landscape as well the Tainzhulake from up there. It also isn’t quite difficult to climb which makes it an ideal spot to hike.
Xuedou Mountain Travel Tips
- There are other highlights here as well such as Tingxia Lake, Sanyin Pond Waterfall etc.
How to Reach Xuedou Mountain
Take a bus starting from the south bus station to Xikou near Ningbo Railway Station. The bus departs every 6 minutes. The route is as long as 35 kilometers, and it takes about half an hour to get there. Buses are available from 06:00 in the morning to 19:00 in the evening. In addition, a great number of minibuses continually leave for the mountains at Xikou, Fenghua, Yuyao and Xinchang.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ningbo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ningbo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Xuedou Mountain Address: Xikou Town, Fenghua 315502, China, Ningbo
- Xuedou Mountain Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Xuedou Mountain(preferred time): 08:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Xuedou Mountain: 06:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
7.49% of people who visit Ningbo include Xuedou Mountain in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
95% of people start their Xuedou Mountain visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Xuedou Mountain
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Xuedou Mountain
People normally club together Nanxi Hot Spring Of Ninghai and Zhongshan Road while planning their visit to Xuedou Mountain.
People also prefer to start their day with Xuedou Mountain.