How to Reach Nis
The Easiest Way to Reach Nis
- By Air: Nis Constantine the Great airport operates flights to several Serbian and European destinations including Belgrade, Forli and Podgorica. There are also occasional flights to Turkey, Montenegrin and Greece. The airport is about 5kms away from the city and can be reached through taxis and buses.
- By Train: There are trains departing to Slovenia, Thessaloniki, Ljubljana, Nis, Belgrade, Sofia, Vienna, Turkey, Istanbul, Skopje and a few Greek cities.
- By Bus: Buses from Turkey and Bulgaria stop in the city. There are direct services from Nis to Belgrade, Macedonia and Greece, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- By Car: Nis can be accessed by road through motorways E75 and E80 and E771. E75: Belgrade and central Europe in the North, Athens, Skopje and Thessaloniki towards the South. E80: Sofia, Istanbul, Pristina and Montenegro. (Running East through West). E771: Zajecar, Kladovo and Drobeta-TurnuSeverin.
- By Foot: The city centre is fairly compact and can be easily explored on foot.
- By Bus: Nis is served by 13 public bus lines that connect the important areas in the city. The buses have ticket sellers from whom you can purchase tickets for a single journey.
- By Car: Driving is the best way to get around Nis by yourself. There are several car parks available in the city but it is advisable to utilize the hotel and hostel parking lots instead.
- By Taxi: A number of taxis run through the streets of the city. The drivers can speak Basic English and can take you to various places to visit both in the city and its neighbourhood. The minimum fare is 95 Serbian Dinars and an additional 45 Dinars is charged every extra kilometre.
Modes of Transportation in Nis
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nis. The most preferred mode of transport in Nis is Walking.
Average distance: 3.91 km Average time: 23.27 min
Walking 45.45%Walking 25.2 min Driving 2 min Overall average time for 2.6 kms 27.2 min
Car 27.27%Driving 7.33 min Overall average time for 3.67 kms 7.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 27.27%Bus 18.33 min Waiting 7.67 min Walking 6.67 min Overall average time for 6.33 kms 32.67 min