Are you looking for what to do in Nis?
PLACES TO SEE
- Nis Fortress: Fortified remains of an ancient Roman camp and the most popular tourist attraction in the city.
- Mediana: A must-visit place in your Nis itineraries is this fourteenth century historical site, which is said to be the birthplace of Constantine the great.
- Skull Tower: A 19th century tower built by Turks using the decapitated skulls of Serbs who were killed during the battle of Cedar. It is regarded as one of the most important places to see in Nis.
- CrveniKrst concentration camp: One among the very few Nazi concentration camps preserved in Europe.
- Memorial Chapel: A chapel built in the memory of NATO bombing victims.
- Bubanj: A monument in the shape of three clenched fists, dedicated to the Yugoslavian soldiers who fought during the Second World War.
- Nis is served by two tourist information centres at VozdaKaradorda and Sindeliceva that cater to the needs of the travellers by providing maps, travel guides, timetables and other relevant details.
- Nis Greeters: A free tour of the city with volunteer tour guides. Address: Obrenoviceva 28, Nis 18000, Serbia.
Below we have a list of things to do in Nis and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Nis getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Nis with confidence.