How to Reach Nizwa, Oman
The Easiest Way to Reach Nizwa
- By Air: The closest international airport to Nizwa is Muscat, at approximately 148 km. Nizwa also has its own domestic airport that mainly services domestic flights.
- By Bus: One can board an ONTC bus from Muscat to Nizwa that run twice daily (at 8.30 am and 2.30 pm daily).
Women travelers have to bear in mind that Oman predominantly has a male-dominated society. So, solo women travelers might find themselves as the only female passenger in buses and mini-vans.
- By Taxi: Hiring a cab would be the easiest and most convenient way to get around in Nizwa. Do remember, however, that taxi drivers do not go by the meter and often dupe foreigners who do not the going rate.
- By Bus: The Baisa buses are inexpensive and punctual. But also remember that they drop off every passenger at a stop of their choice instead of fixed stops which means that the ride almost always longer and tiresome.
- By Car: If you plan on exploring the outskirts of Nizwa, you will have to rent a car. There are a number of options available, rights from sedans to 4-wheel drives for any off-road adventure that you might fancy.
Are you looking for a Nizwa travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Nizwa
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nizwa. The most preferred mode of transport in Nizwa is Walking.
Average distance: 9.25 km Average time: 24.5 min
Walking 50%Walking 30 min Driving 7 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 37 min
Car 50%Driving 12 min Overall average time for 15 kms 12 min
How to Reach Nizwa from Nearby Cities
|Saham to Nizwa||107.85 km||1 hour 47 mins|
|Ruwi to Nizwa||112.26 km||1 hour 52 mins|
|Muscat to Nizwa||320.48 km||4 hours 37 mins|
- How to reach Muscat
- How to reach Izki
- How to reach Kharma
- How to reach As Sifah
- How to reach Hayl
- How to reach Al Aqir
- How to reach Al Hayl