Nizwa SouqCurrently Closed
- Address: Nizwa, Oman
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tourist Center, Flea Market, Market, Street Market, Family And Kids
Nizwa Souq - Review
The Nizwa souq will intoxicate you with its smells and sights. With its multicolored delights and electric atmosphere, a visit to the souk will remain embedded in your senses forever. Take back home some lovely middle eastern antiques and relish the fresh fruits and vegetables, you can easily spend hours at the souq. For the authentic local colour, don’t miss the goat market that takes place on Friday mornings.
Nizwa Souq Information
- Silver Khanjars are a specialty of Nizwa.
- One can bargain to get a good bargain but to fetch a good price it is necessary to be persistent.
How To reach Nizwa Souq by Public Transport
- One can hire a cab or hop aboard a mini van to reach the souq.
Restaurants Near Nizwa Souq
- One world Restaurant
- Hungry Bunny
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nizwa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nizwa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nizwa Souq
74.47% of people who visit Nizwa include Nizwa Souq in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
80.4% of people start their Nizwa Souq visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Nizwa Souq
85.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nizwa Souq
Nizwa Souq Map
Nizwa Souq Trips
Nizwa Souq, Nizwa Reviews
Small traditional souk....Nizwa Fort well worth visit....Best visit early Friday morning to see traditional Goat Market ( colourful). Nizwa is a must see when in Oman. Good base to stop for 2/3 nights to visit/explore general area/other ancient locations and Mountain's .
Great traditional Omani souq (market). It has many antique shops as well as Nizwa fort. Worth to be visited if you are intrested in Omani culture.
A place for local produce, & tourist handicrafts. What we liked best was the Dates shop - it had a amazing variety of dates that we could sample as much & at no obligation. Very reasonably priced & we ended buying 10 kg of various varieties!
The nizwa souq is full of great people, sweets. Fruit and culture. Never miss a chance to learn from the shop owners.
Amazing traditional place and very nice and friendly people. Recommend to visit it on fridays early morning time.
All QuestionsNizwa souq
- Liverpool Automatic Machine Co
- Julie Langan Glass Design
- Sly Glass
- St Peter & St Paul R C School
- Sandfield House Farm Caravan Park
- Fun City & Funlands Amusements
- Black Swan Shoppe
- Boogie Sounds Mobile Disco
- Esk Valley Railway
- Whitby Wizard
- English Heritage
- Whitby Archives & Heritage Centre
- Susan Goodhall
- Whitby Ghosts And Traditions
- Church Of Saint Mary, Whitby