Are you looking for what to do in Nizwa?
PLACES TO SEE
- Nizwa Fort: Built by the Sultan bin Saif al-Yaruba, the Nizwa fort is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Nizwa. It is famous for its 40m tall tower which is worth a climb for the spectacular views of date plantations and the majestic mountains of Nizwa.
- Nizwa Souq: The Nizwa souq will intoxicate you with its smells and sights. With its multicolored delights and electric atmosphere, a visit to the souk will remain embedded in your senses forever.
- Bahla Fort: Located within 30 kms of Nizwa city, the Bahla fort is worth a visit to see the infinitely stretching, protective walls. Built by the Bani tribe, this fort is now a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Jabrin Castle: Located in the Jabrin region, this castle is perhaps one of the most whimsical castles in Oman. You can see the castle standing proudly from miles away.
- Al Hoota Caves: Stalactites and Stalagmites adorn these centuries-old caves which has now become a popular tourist-puller. The on-site geological museum is world-class and the restaurant has unparalleled views. Do remember to pre-book as the cave can only accommodate 750 visitors per day.
- Jama Masjid- This mosque is beautiful and you should definitely visit it.
THINGS TO DO
• Visit a mosque- There are a lot of mosques in the city of Nizwa. You should definitely visit to completely soak in the culture of Oman. Women are not allowed in most mosques, so please find out before visiting as it can seriously offend the people here.
• Go to a souk- The local handicrafts and stuff available here is amazing, so you should definitely try to visit and get a lot of gifts for yourself as well as your loved ones.
Below we have a list of things to do in Nizwa and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Nizwa getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Nizwa with confidence.