Lings Nature Reserve23 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lings Way, Northampton NN3, UK, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Nature
Situated in the eastern Northampton, Lings Wood is a local nature reserve that is owned by Northampton Borough Council and managed by the Wildlife Trust for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire. Spread over more than 20 hectares of land, this nature reserve aims to preserve and protect the native woodland, ponds, scrub and grassland. Home to frogs, newts, damselflies and dragonflies, this nature reserve also serves a s a breeding ground for these insects. While most of the native woodland is regenerated naturally, this reserve also sees periodic plantations of sweet chestnut and douglas fir. For visitors, this reserve offers a level surfaced track that runs in a circuit through the park. A car park is available on Lings Way.
How to Reach Lings Nature Reserve
- By Rented car/taxi.
- By Bus: Lings Wood bus stop (Bus: 54)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Northampton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Northampton and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lings Nature Reserve Address: Lings Way, Northampton NN3, UK, United Kingdom
- Lings Nature Reserve Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Lings Nature Reserve(preferred time): 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Lings Nature Reserve: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
51.11% of people who visit Northampton include Lings Nature Reserve in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
30.43% of people start their Lings Nature Reserve visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lings Nature Reserve
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lings Nature Reserve
People normally club together Pitsford Reservoir - Pitsford Water Park and Radlands Plaza while planning their visit to Lings Nature Reserve.