Stanwick Lakes272 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Rockingham Forest Trust,Stanwick Lakes, Stanwick, Northants, NN9 6GY, Northampton, United Kingdom
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1933625522
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids, Nature, Ecological Reserve
Located on the outskirts of the village of Stanwick, Stanwick Lakes is a country park. part of the larger River Nene Regional Park, this park is spread over 750 acres of land. Perfect for a full day family picnic, this park has a playground with climbing tower, slides and sand and water play areas. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous, you can try your hand at rock-climbing and zip-lining. If you want to spend some time in solitude, you can head out to the jungles and indulge in some wildlife watching. With many bird hides and feeding stations, you get a chance to get close to the animals. Also present here are many archaeological finds and heritage trails. Other amenities at the park are adventure trails, arts and craft shops, barbeque facilities, fishing, cycling, horse-riding, picnic areas, and restaurants.
Stanwick Lakes Travel Tips
- Admission is charged for through a variable car parking charge. For car parking charges, visit their website.
- The site is free to those who walk or cycle in.
Entrance Ticket Details For Stanwick Lakes
- Become a member of Stanwick Lakes at an annual fee of GBP 35 per year, per household.
Stanwick Lakes Hours
- Visitor centre: 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM (sometimes later during the summer)
How to Reach Stanwick Lakes
- By rented car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Northampton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Northampton and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Northampton include Stanwick Lakes in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
41.21% of people start their Stanwick Lakes visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Stanwick Lakes
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stanwick Lakes
Stanwick Lakes Reviews & Ratings
Beautiful lake. We went there for a day trip, great paths, perfect for cycling. Cycles to rent there until 5pm too. Great day trip.
Always brilliant for a walk or day out
Fun filled environment with plenty to do for the kids. Sand play, water play, picnic areas, shop, ice creams and all set in beautiful Lake side surroundings.
Great views, lovely walks. Nature all around.
Lovely place we had a lot of fun here