About Eufaula Dam, Notchietown
Eufaula Dam is a dam across the Canadian River in Oklahoma. Completed in 1964, it impounds Eufaula Lake, one of the world’s largest man-made lakes, covering 102,500 acres (41,500 hectares). The dam serves to provide flood control, water supply, navigation and hydroelectric power generation. It supports a 90 MW power station. The dam was approved by the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1946 and construction began in 1956. In February 1964, the river was closed and in July that year, the first generator was operational. By September, the other three generators were operational. State Highway 71 runs across the top of the dam. Heavy rains in the Spring of 2015, caused Eufaula Lake to rise so rapidly that the Corps of Engineers had to open the flood gates and release water at rates as high as 48,000 cubic feet (1,400 m3) per second. This was the highest rate since 1990.Wikipedia
Overview of Eufaula Dam
This article refers Eufaula Dam in Notchietown, United States. Eufaula Dam is not the prime point of interest of Notchietown. Although, you can pay a quick visit to it if you are around.
More about Notchietown
Create a flawless plan, make use of Notchietown trip planner.
Fine Accommodation options like Suite 16 Motel will meet your requirement of where to stay in Notchietown.
Share your experience - Rate Eufaula Dam, Notchietown
Clean and easy to get around. Lots of space to get a line in.
Great place to ride your ATV! The one hole, very primitive bathroom does not lock so have a guard outside. There are two more on the north side across the river but I didn't check to see if they locked or not.
Beautiful very clean, good fishing!
Easy to fish, but image a lot of people their would be tiff to fish.
Great fishing below the dam!
- Other Attractions
- Point Lobos State Reserve And China Cove Gibson Beach
- Ocean Avenue
- Tor House
- Sunset Cultural Center
- Monastery Beach
- Carmel Plaza
- Golden Bough Playhouse
- Weston Gallery
- Forest Theater, Carmel
- Gallery By The Sea Carmel
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Budget Hotels Near Point Lobos State Reserve And China Cove Gibson Beach
- Cheap Hotels Near Ocean Avenue
- Budget Hotels Near Tor House
- Budget Hotels Near Sunset Cultural Center
- Cheap Hotels Near Monastery Beach
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Carmel Plaza
- Luxury Hotels Near Golden Bough Playhouse
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Weston Gallery
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Forest Theater, Carmel
- Cheap Hotels Near Gallery By The Sea Carmel