Saborna Crkva-orthodox ChurchCurrently Closed
- Address: Nikole Pašića 4, Novi Sad 21000, Serbia
- Timings: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +38-121529159
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Observatory, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
The Saborna Crkva, although has quite a simple exterior, its interiors are no less grand than the greatest cathedrals in Europe. Built in late 18th century the church was destroyed by bombing during the Hungarian Revolution and was later rebuilt. The present church as it stands was finished in 1905. With byzantine interiors the iconostasis looks like it came straight out of a canvas. It has 33 icons from the bible. There historical figures above the choirs, paintings and other artworks by a renowned artist and academic Paja Jovanovic while the wall paintings were made by Stevan Aleksic. The perfect lighting, the ambience, the whole atmosphere radiates a serene vibe.
- Visits can be arranged by prior arrangements.
- Timings given are service timings. Tourists may not be allowed inside. It may be better to visit a little later in the day.
- Ask locals for direction.
- Drive, take a cab or walk if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Novi Sad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Novi Sad and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.17% of people who visit Novi Sad include Saborna Crkva-orthodox Church in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
42.86% of people start their Saborna Crkva-orthodox Church visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Saborna Crkva-orthodox Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saborna Crkva-orthodox Church