The Gallery Of Matica Srpska230 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Trg Galerija 1, Novi Sad 21000, Serbia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +38-1214899000
- Ticket Price: 100 RSD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Observatory, Memorial, Family And Kids, Monastery
A place where lines and colours come together to create art, The Gallery of Matica Srpska houses some of the most exquisite paintings and drawings. Starting from the 17th century, every floor is divided as per the year in which the artwork was done. Apart from paintings there are woodcarvings and engravings from the 17th& 18th century. There’s also a brilliant collection of murals and lithographs by Serbian art pioneers like, Hristofor Zefarovic, Zaharije Orfelin & Anastas Jovanovic. Infact it has a special memorial dedicated only to Hristofor Zefarovic down at Bodani monastery in Backa.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Gallery Of Matica Srpska
- Adults, 100 dinars
- Children, students and pensioners, 50 dinars.
- Tickets for creative workshops for children on Saturdays, 150 dinars.
- Group assistance with professional interpretation in a foreign language (English or Italian), 300 dinars.
- Individual ticket with expert interpretation in a foreign language (English or Italian), 1000 dinars
- FREE for children up to 7 years and for members of ICOM, the IMF and the Caucus GMS.
The Gallery Of Matica Srpska Hours
- Friday free admission from12.00am to 8.00pm
- Only group visits allowed.
How to Reach The Gallery Of Matica Srpska
- By BusFrom Mihajlo Pupin Boulevard, lines: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8 and12From Zarko Zrenjanin (at the high school "Isidora Sekulic"), Lines: 1, 4, 8, 9, 12, 69, and 70.From Assumption Church, lines: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 14 and 15
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Novi Sad before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Novi Sad and book an accommodation of your choice.
69.28% of people who visit Novi Sad include The Gallery Of Matica Srpska in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
31.71% of people start their The Gallery Of Matica Srpska visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Gallery Of Matica Srpska
52.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Gallery Of Matica Srpska