Deutsche Bahn MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: Lessingstrasse 6, 90443 Nuremberg, Bavaria,Germany Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-8003268738
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Though Nuremberg is considered as a city of architecture, by heart it is a railway town and fact proving this statement can be found in DB Museum. This German railway museum explores the rich history of railway system of Germany. Take a tour into the Eisenbahn – Erlebniswelt within the museum where you get to see technologies used for this system. The museum also displays the huge railway model (one of the largest model of Germany).
Other attraction of the museum is the oldest railway carriage of Germany.
Deutsche Bahn Museum Travel Tips
- Reduction admission is applicable for groups of 10 people (per person), senior citizens / students / Handicapped / conscripts / civilian service, DB / VGN-ticket (abgestempelter ticket with the date of the visit the day of the DB Museum or valid network card on the day of the visit), visitors with special discounts.
- Payments accepted in debit and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard).
- Admission to the library and documentation center is free.
- Admission to the exhibition is included in the museum admission.
- Four disabled parking and an outdoor lift are located directly on the front steps. There is level access through the courtyard of the museum. All departments are accessible to wheelchair users via ramps and lifts. For handicapped visitors, wheelchairs are available.
- Filming and photography (without flash) is allowed.
- Dogs are allowed only with visually impaired people .
Entrance Ticket Details For Deutsche Bahn Museum
- Family ticket (2 adult + upto 4 children) - 10€
- Reduction admission - 4€
- Children, young people (6 -17 years) – 2.50€
- School classes (per student) - 2€
- Children under 6 years – free
- Active DB employees – free
Deutsche Bahn Museum Hours
- Closed on 1st January, Good Friday, 1st May, 24th,25th and 31st December .
- Christkindlesmarket: 09am– 05pm (Easter and Whitsun Monday).
- The outdoor exhibition closed in winter (1st November to 31st March) by 4pm.
- The library is open from Tuesday to Friday 1pm -5pm (by appointment).
How to Reach Deutsche Bahn Museum
- Tram line 10, get off at Steintorbrucke station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nuremberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuremberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Deutsche Bahn Museum Address: Lessingstrasse 6, 90443 Nuremberg, Bavaria,Germany
- Deutsche Bahn Museum Contact Number: +49-8003268738
- Deutsche Bahn Museum Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Deutsche Bahn Museum Price: 5 EUR
- Best time to visit Deutsche Bahn Museum(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Deutsche Bahn Museum: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
51.78% of people who visit Nuremberg include Deutsche Bahn Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
46.59% of people start their Deutsche Bahn Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Deutsche Bahn Museum
85.6% of people prefer walking in order to reach Deutsche Bahn Museum
People normally club together Staatstheater Nuremberg and Germanisches National Museum while planning their visit to Deutsche Bahn Museum.