Events and Festivals in Nuremberg
- Christkindles market: Nuremberg is well known for its Christmas markets which attract millions of visitors throughout Europe. This Festival is the most significant part of Nuremberg culture, displaying a range of culinary delights along with traditional programs for people to participate. Taking place in the month of December, this Festival captures not just Nuremberg’s but the whole of Europe’s Christian festivity. With its hundred years of history, be sure to be enchanted by its delicacies such as sausages, gingerbread and of course wine!
- Klassik Open Air: If you love the beats of orchestra music, this event is a must visit. Taking place in Nuremberg’s Luitpoldhain district, it is considered to be one of Europe’s largest classic open-air events. Every year around 100,000 people come to attend the symphony created by the city’s two large orchestras, the Nuremberg Staatsphilharmonie and the Nuremberg Symphoniker. Taking place on the two pre decided evenings of July and August, the event is the most popular one as it is free for all to attend.
- Bardentreffen: Yet again a music event that captivates the hearts of many a souls, Bardentreffen is Germany’s largest free outdoor festival which attracts upto 200,000 people each year. Traditionally taking place each year on the first weekend of Bavarian holidays, this event gives the opportunity to stage both international and local musicians who perform on the seven stages scattered over the whole old town.
- Altstadtfest( The Old Town Festival): Old world charm recreates itself in the shape and colour of this festival taking place in the old town of Nuremberg. Taking place in every autumn, the festival draws people from all over the Europe to the leisure and comfort of Insel Schutt and Hans Sachs square offering a display of regional tradition and food. Every booth offers Franconian autumn specialties such as onion tart and newly pressed wine. The festival houses at least 60 free -of -charge events incorporating traditional fishermen’s joust on the River Pegnitz, folklore programs as well as the popular Hans-Sachs-Spiele theatre program.
- Blaue Nacht: Germany’s largest night time cultural event, taking place in the month of May, The whole Old Town immerses itself in lights providing a visual delight. With a different theme each year, music and performances on the streets that offer sound of music to lights; this event is a complete visual feast.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Nuremberg
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Nuremberg
Save 7%Nuremberg Old Town and Nazi Party Rally Grounds Walking Tour128 Reviews
Duration: 4 HrsBook Now
Nuremberg Old Town Walking Tour25 Reviews
Duration: 2 HrsBook Now
Save 7%Private Tour: Nuremberg Sightseeing Including Old Town, Rally Grounds and Nuremberg Courthouse6 Reviews
Duration: 3 HrsBook Now
Save 7%Private Tour: Nuremberg Medieval Old Town and Nazi Rally Grounds Walking Tour12 Reviews
Duration: 4 HrsBook Now