Events and Festivals in Nuremberg
Events and Festivals in Nuremberg
- Christkindles market: Nuremberg is well known for its Christmas markets which attract millions of visitors throughout Europe. This Festival is the most significant part of Nuremberg culture, displaying a range of culinary delights along with traditional programs for people to participate. Taking place in the month of December, this Festival captures not just Nuremberg’s but the whole of Europe’s Christian festivity. With its hundred years of history, be sure to be enchanted by its delicacies such as sausages, gingerbread and of course wine!
- Klassik Open Air: If you love the beats of orchestra music, this event is a must visit. Taking place in Nuremberg’s Luitpoldhain district, it is considered to be one of Europe’s largest classic open-air events. Every year around 100,000 people come to attend the symphony created by the city’s two large orchestras, the Nuremberg Staatsphilharmonie and the Nuremberg Symphoniker. Taking place on the two pre decided evenings of July and August, the event is the most popular one as it is free for all to attend.
- Bardentreffen: Yet again a music event that captivates the hearts of many a souls, Bardentreffen is Germany’s largest free outdoor festival which attracts upto 200,000 people each year. Traditionally taking place each year on the first weekend of Bavarian holidays, this event gives the opportunity to stage both international and local musicians who perform on the seven stages scattered over the whole old town.
- Altstadtfest( The Old Town Festival): Old world charm recreates itself in the shape and colour of this festival taking place in the old town of Nuremberg. Taking place in every autumn, the festival draws people from all over the Europe to the leisure and comfort of Insel Schutt and Hans Sachs square offering a display of regional tradition and food. Every booth offers Franconian autumn specialties such as onion tart and newly pressed wine. The festival houses at least 60 free -of -charge events incorporating traditional fishermen’s joust on the River Pegnitz, folklore programs as well as the popular Hans-Sachs-Spiele theatre program.
- Blaue Nacht: Germany’s largest night time cultural event, taking place in the month of May, The whole Old Town immerses itself in lights providing a visual delight. With a different theme each year, music and performances on the streets that offer sound of music to lights; this event is a complete visual feast.
Trip plans for Nuremberg
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Nuremberg Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Nuremberg
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
If you need to travel from Nuremberg to Prague, why not travel in style? This private transfer will pick up wherever you need...
USD 413.4Book Now
9 Reviews Duration: Flexible
Visit the must-see sights of Nuremberg with a private guide at your side! This comprehensive private sightseeing tour offers ...
USD 27.68Book Now
24 Reviews Duration: 2 Hrs
Explore Nuremberg’s postcard-perfect Old Town on a 2-hour walking tour, led by a local guide. Steeped in antiquity, the...
USD 12.42Book Now
5 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs
Explore Nuremberg on this fascinating tour with a history-loving guide. Choose from a 2- or 3-hour morning or afternoon tour,...
USD 72.74Book Now
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- Events & Festivals In Heidelberg
- Events & Festivals In Bonn
- Events & Festivals In Dresden
- Events & Festivals In Wiesbaden
- Events & Festivals In Konstanz
- Events & Festivals In Koblenz
- Events & Festivals In Essen
- Events & Festivals In Kaiserslautern
- Events & Festivals In Stuttgart
- Events & Festivals In Hannover
- Cities Near Nuremberg
- Events & Festivals In Frankfurt
- Events & Festivals In Munich
- Events & Festivals In Hamburg
- Events & Festivals In Leipzig
- Events & Festivals In Potsdam
- Events & Festivals In Trier
- Events & Festivals In Mainz
- Events & Festivals In Berlin
- Events & Festivals In Weimar
- Events & Festivals In Aachen