Germanisches National Museum1418 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kartausergasse 1, 90402 Nürnberg, Nuremberg, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-91113310
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids, Natural History Museums
Since its foundation in the year 1852, Germanishches National Museum has turned out to be the most important and largest museum of German culture. A visit to this ‘treasure chest’ is a must while your trip to Nuremberg. A trip to this museum let you see some of the finest works done by German painters and sculptors. Apart from the art works, you also get to see arms and armour, scientific and musical instruments and toys as well.
Highlighted features – Albrecht Durer’s anatomy, world’s oldest terrestrial globe and a pocket watch.
Germanisches National Museum Travel Tips
- Free admission is given on Wednesday from 6pm.
- Guided tours for groups are possible with prior appointment.
Entrance Ticket Details For Germanisches National Museum
- For pupils, students, disabled, unemployed, organized groups (minimum 10 people)- 5€
- Small groups/ family (at least. 3, no more than 6 persons, of which more than 2 18 years and up to 4 people under 18 years old)– 10€
- School classes and youth groups- 1€
Germanisches National Museum Hours
- Archives, graphics, collection, coin collection: 09:00 am to 04:00 pm (Tuesday to Friday).
- Library: 09:30am to 06:00 pm (Monday to Friday), 9:30am – 8pm (Wednesday )
How to Reach Germanisches National Museum
- Metro Line 1 station Lorenzkirche or Metro Line 2 station Opera House.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nuremberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuremberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.21% of people who visit Nuremberg include Germanisches National Museum in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
51.85% of people start their Germanisches National Museum visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Germanisches National Museum
69.86% of people prefer walking in order to reach Germanisches National Museum
Germanisches National Museum Reviews & Ratings
What is the permitted time of last entry to Museum ?Answer Report Abuse
The permitted time of last entry at the Germanisches National Museum is not available. I suggest you contact the museum administration to get the right info. You may try calling on 49 (0) 911 / 1331-0.Report Abuse