How to Reach Nuremberg
How to reach Nuremberg
- By Air: Nuremberg Airport is well connected to the rest of Europe as Air Berlin runs a lot of their flights from here. A number of flights to Nuremberg are operational from London, Amsterdam and other nearby European cities. Further, the airport is connected to the Central Train Station through U2 Sub Way Line. Owing to its world class structure, the Nuremberg Airport had been awarded the renowned Business Traveller Award for being the ‘Best German Airport’ in 2009.
- By Train: The VGN ticket allows the visitors to commute to Nuremberg as well as within the city. It covers at least 650 bus and rail services, the underground (U-Bahn), the suburban railway (S-Bahn and R-Bahn), trams, buses and DB trains. The main train station is located in the centre of the city, thereby making train a convenient means of transportation here.
- By Bus: Eurolines has many connections to Nuremberg from different locations in Europe.
- On Foot: Nuremberg can be best explored on the foot as there are a plenty of walking tours available in English which inform the visitors about the Castles, the fountains, wells, the city Churches and art treasures as well as a flavour about the cities’ past and cosmopolitan present.
- By Bike or car Hire: For lovers of driving, there are many possibilities in Nuremberg to hike a bike or a car. There are various alternatives available for bikes such as Rainbow, Adam-kraft-Strassess which cost around euros 10-18 per day. Rental cars can be booked with Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt, Buchbinder, Budget etc. There are many taxis available for air transfers and they are affordable as airport is not far from the city centre.
- Public transport in Nuremberg: As in other European countries, public transport in Nuremberg is easy to understand and convenient. Once you are in possession of a valid ticket, it can be used on buses, trams, underground transit and Sub- Urban trains.
Modes of Transportation in Nuremberg
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nuremberg. The most preferred mode of transport in Nuremberg is Car.
Average distance: 18.86 km Average time: 46.5 min
Car 60%Driving 25.5 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 16.27 kms 27.5 min
Train/Metro 10%Train 55 min Waiting 20 min Bus 10 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 70 kms 90 min
Walking 30%Walking 46.67 min Motorbike 6.67 min Bus 3.33 min Train 3.33 min Bike 3.33 min Tram 3.33 min Waiting 3.33 min Overall average time for 7 kms 70 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Mannheim
- How To Reach Regensburg
- How To Reach Oranienburg
- How To Reach Darmstadt
- How To Reach Hohenschwangau
- How To Reach Bremen
- How To Reach Heidelberg
- How To Reach Bonn
- How To Reach Dresden
- How To Reach Wiesbaden
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Frankfurt
- How To Reach Munich
- How To Reach Hamburg
- How To Reach Leipzig
- How To Reach Potsdam
- How To Reach Trier
- How To Reach Mainz
- How To Reach Berlin
- How To Reach Aachen
- How To Reach Weimar