Nuremberg Zoo874 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 07:30 pm]
- Address: Am Tiergarten 30, 90480 Nuremberg, Bavaria,Germany
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +49-91154546
- Ticket Price: 14 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Zoo, Family And Kids, Nature, Landmarks
It is said to be one of the most remarkable zoological gardens of Europe. Located between the amazing landscapes, a journey through this densely wooded park let you interact with widely spread flora and fauna. Stepping into the zoo let you see around 150 various birds and 50 domestic animals. The zoo is said to be an ideal location to spend quality time with family.
Things to do:
- Visit the dolphin lagoon of the zoo. It is said to be the first outdoor basin for dolphins in Germany.
- Menatees House – where you get to see Mantees, that is sea cows.
- Watch the feeding session of wild lives.
Nuremberg Zoo Travel Tips
- The zoo is open all the year round.
- Guided tours are available on prior appointment.
- All the timings are subject to change with prior notice.
- Hand carts and wheelchairs are available on rent. Check the official website to know about the rental price.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nuremberg Zoo
- Children (4 -13 years) – 6.50 €
- Family ticket (2 adults with own children) - 31.50 €
- Single family ticket (1 adult with own children) – 18.00 €
- Students, retiree, disabled people, unemployed with presentation of public transportation ticket (VGN or DB) for adults, evenings (from 5pm) – 11.50 €
- With presentation of public transportation ticket (VGN or DB) for children and kindergarten groups (4 – 13years), evenings (from 5pm) – 4.80 €
- For groups of 15 people or more – 11.50 € (for each adult), 4,80 € (for children of 4 – 13 years)
- School classes – 11,50 € (10th grade and higher) , 4,80 € (up to 9th grade)
- Season ticket (valid for 1 year from date of issue) - 65,00 € (main ticket) , 30,00 € (child ticket)
Nuremberg Zoo Hours
- Locking of the animals houses - 6:45pm
- Last entry- 6:30pm
- Show times at the dolphin lagoon – 11am, 2pm, 03:30 pm
- Feeding times for lions – 2:30pm (except Monday and Thursday)
- Feeding times for Seals (Aquapark) – 9:45am (daily)
- Feeding times for polar bears (Aquapark)- 2:15pm (daily)
- Feeding times for Otters (Aquapark) – 2:45pm (daily)
- Feeding times for Penguins (Aquapark) – 3:15pm (daily)
How to Reach Nuremberg Zoo
- Citybus, line no. 65
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nuremberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuremberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.33% of people who visit Nuremberg include Nuremberg Zoo in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
56.58% of people start their Nuremberg Zoo visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Nuremberg Zoo
94.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nuremberg Zoo
Nuremberg Zoo Reviews & Ratings
On 15 August 2019 my family of 5 was located at the Kinder Zoo waiting for the train. Upon arrival it was very minimum people there. My 5 year old was so excited to ride the train. However as the time got closer to 3:30pm people arrived from every direction. Once the train staged to download/upload everyone just jumped on the train from all directions. It was totally unorganized and chaotic. Me and my wife explained to the Conductor that we were waiting there for over 20 minutes and many just rushed from different directions to get on the train and we had 3 small children that were waiting to ride. Business seems to be going well there so Nurnberg Zoo, please look to hire more staff to supervise this action and possibly create lanes to prevent this issue. I informed the Conductor of the situation and he was pretty rude and didnt seem to care at all. Two young kids even jumped on the train really quick to save a spot for their Dad and they arrived after us as well. Check the footage and fix this please, I can see a big issue developing when people are just rushing over each other and its pretty sad that adults have to get angry at a kid's zoo in front of their children! Our day was pretty great until this ridiculous experience. The zoo itself is quite impressive with the animals, scenes, and even the food.
Great place to take the family. The zoo is wheelchair accessible. There are many animals to see. You can easily spend the whole day here. The zoo also has shows for the some of the animals. If you have children there are several areas specifically for them throughout the zoo (i.e. playgrounds and petting zoo). Definitely worth the money and it wont break the bank going here.
It’s a beautiful quiet place in Nuremberg with many animals. What I liked most is that most of the animals are kept well with lots of free air to breathe. I am giving it a star less because animals like panda are suffering there in summer with heat and they look unhealthy and unhappy.
It was more than expected. Hidden from the busy city. Well take care zoo.
This is a really nice zoo, with some special species, like dolphins and manatees. The zoo is really green, just like a forest. Ideal for families. If you want to visit it, prepare for a long walk, at least 12 km, because the zoo is huge. :)
Does the zoo take credit cards?Answer Report Abuse
I don't think Nuremberg Zoo accepts credit card. It would be wise to carry cash.Report Abuse