St. Lorenz Church, Nuremberg
About St. Lorenz Church, Nuremberg
St. Lorenz Church, Nuremberg - Address, Phone Number
Address: Lorenzer Platz 10, 90402 Nüremberg
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 8.1K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A medieval church that was solely dedicated to Saint Lawrence is considered as one of the important churches of Nuremberg. The construction structure dates back to 15th century. History says, the church faced worst damage during the Second World War and it was entirely reconstructed in the year around 1854. The present structure follows neo-Gothic style.
Climb up the towers of the church and you get the stunning view of the Old Town and the Abbey Precinct.
Highlighted features of the church – downlit pillars, sooty ceilings, taupe stone columns, 15th century old tabernacles in the left aisle and other artistic feature in the interior portion.
St. Lorenz Church Information
- Restricted opening hours when there are evening church concerts.
- The church is wheelchair accessible.
- The tower is closed during winter.
St. Lorenz Church Ticket Prices
- Groups of 10 or more people: 1€ (adults), 0.50 € (children).
- Tower tour: 4€ (regular), 2€ (children), except special events .
St. Lorenz Church Opening and Closing Hours
During Organ Week:
- 22nd May (Thursday): 09am- 01pm
- 23rd May (Friday): 02pm- 05pm
- To know about special opening hours, visit the official website.
- Tours of the tower (twice daily): 10am– 3pm
- Guided church tour during Christmas: 02pm (on Saturday)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nuremberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuremberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
St. Lorenz Church, Nuremberg Reviews - Write a Review
Gorgeous old cathedral in downtown Nuremberg. Absolutely massive. Couldn't see the interior the day I visited as it was closed, but still worth seeing even for the outside. Must been seen to be believed. A truly exciting example of Gothic architecture.
The most popular landmark and my fave too. Its the Protestant Cathedral anyway, n it stands tall dividing the beautiful pedistrian shopping area.
Big and beautiful godhic church, many people and store around here because you can go by subway.
Acoustic is great inside View is great from Karolinenstrasse Often there are stands and fairs all around, and this is an easy to find gathering point. Generally on the "tour of old town" for any visitor that comes into town.
One of the most impressive church in nürnberg
- Nearby Attractions
- St Jakobskirche
- Hotel Ibis Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof
- Das Falk Apartmenthaus
- Hauptmarkt 18
- Le Méridien Grand Hotel Nürnberg
- Burghotel Nürnberg
- Hilton Nuremberg Hotel
- Altes Rathaus
- Nuremberg Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nuremberg
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nuremberg
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nuremberg
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nuremberg
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nuremberg
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nuremberg