St. Lorenz ChurchCurrently Closed
- Address: Lorenzer Platz 10, 90402 Nüremberg , Nuremberg, Germany
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49911-24469914
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture
St. Lorenz Church - Review
A medieval church that was solely dedicated to Saint Lawrence is considered as one of the important churches of Nuremberg. The construction structure dates back to 15th century. History says, the church faced worst damage during the Second World War and it was entirely reconstructed in the year around 1854. The present structure follows neo-Gothic style.
Climb up the towers of the church and you get the stunning view of the Old Town and the Abbey Precinct.
Highlighted features of the church – downlit pillars, sooty ceilings, taupe stone columns, 15th century old tabernacles in the left aisle and other artistic feature in the interior portion.
St. Lorenz Church Information
- Restricted opening hours when there are evening church concerts.
- The church is wheelchair accessible.
- The tower is closed during winter.
St. Lorenz Church Ticket Prices
- Groups of 10 or more people: 1€ (adults), 0.50 € (children).
- Tower tour: 4€ (regular), 2€ (children), except special events .
St. Lorenz Church Hours
During Organ Week:
- 22nd May (Thursday): 09am- 01pm
- 23rd May (Friday): 02pm- 05pm
- To know about special opening hours, visit the official website.
- Tours of the tower (twice daily): 10am– 3pm
- Guided church tour during Christmas: 02pm (on Saturday)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nuremberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuremberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St. Lorenz Church
91.37% of people who visit Nuremberg include St. Lorenz Church in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
49.85% of people start their St. Lorenz Church visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. Lorenz Church
67.07% of people prefer walking in order to reach St. Lorenz Church
St. Lorenz Church Trips
3 Views22 Days 21 Nights22 Day Trip to Paris, Prague, Nuremberg, Strasbourg from Cape TownBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Paris, Strasbourg, Nuremberg, Prague
St. Lorenz Church, Nuremberg Reviews
Gorgeous old cathedral in downtown Nuremberg. Absolutely massive. Couldn't see the interior the day I visited as it was closed, but still worth seeing even for the outside. Must been seen to be believed. A truly exciting example of Gothic architecture.
The most popular landmark and my fave too. Its the Protestant Cathedral anyway, n it stands tall dividing the beautiful pedistrian shopping area.
Acoustic is great inside View is great from Karolinenstrasse Often there are stands and fairs all around, and this is an easy to find gathering point. Generally on the "tour of old town" for any visitor that comes into town.
Big and beautiful godhic church, many people and store around here because you can go by subway.
impressive medieval church with numerous beautiful details - e.g. the Angelic Salutation.