St. Lorenz Church1582 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lorenzer Platz 10, 90402 Nüremberg , Nuremberg, Germany
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49911-24469914
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture
A medieval church that was solely dedicated to Saint Lawrence is considered as one of the important churches of Nuremberg. The construction structure dates back to 15th century. History says, the church faced worst damage during the Second World War and it was entirely reconstructed in the year around 1854. The present structure follows neo-Gothic style.
Climb up the towers of the church and you get the stunning view of the Old Town and the Abbey Precinct.
Highlighted features of the church – downlit pillars, sooty ceilings, taupe stone columns, 15th century old tabernacles in the left aisle and other artistic feature in the interior portion.
St. Lorenz Church Travel Tips
- Restricted opening hours when there are evening church concerts.
- The church is wheelchair accessible.
- The tower is closed during winter.
Entrance Ticket Details For St. Lorenz Church
- Groups of 10 or more people: 1€ (adults), 0.50 € (children).
- Tower tour: 4€ (regular), 2€ (children), except special events .
St. Lorenz Church Hours
During Organ Week:
- 22nd May (Thursday): 09am- 01pm
- 23rd May (Friday): 02pm- 05pm
- To know about special opening hours, visit the official website.
- Tours of the tower (twice daily): 10am– 3pm
- Guided church tour during Christmas: 02pm (on Saturday)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nuremberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuremberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.88% of people who visit Nuremberg include St. Lorenz Church in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
49.85% of people start their St. Lorenz Church visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. Lorenz Church
67.07% of people prefer walking in order to reach St. Lorenz Church