St. Sebaldus Church1236 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Albrecht-Dürer-Platz 1, 90403 Nürnberg , Nuremberg, Germany
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-9112142500
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
It is a medieval church and considered as one of the oldest church of Nuremberg, like St. Lorenz and Frauenkirche (Our Lady’s Church). The church got its name from an 8th century hermit, named Sebaldus. According to the history, the church was previously built as a Romanesque basilica with two choirs. Later on, in 14th century, some its features were renovated. However, again during the Second World War, the church faced huge damage and hence, was subsequently restored.
Some of the ancient features you can still see are the stained glass windows, the Shrine of St. Sebaldus and the works done by Veit Stoss.
Make it a point to climb up the towers to get stunning view of the church complex.
St. Sebaldus Church Travel Tips
- Group tour with church guide is possible, but requested to pay certain amount as donation.
- The church is wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For St. Sebaldus Church
- Donations are requested.
- Group tours with own guide - 1€ (adults), 0.50€ (children).
- Tower tours - 3€ (adults), 1.50€ (children); during Christkindlesmarkt - 4€ (adults), 2€ (children).
How to Reach St. Sebaldus Church
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nuremberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuremberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
56.28% of people who visit Nuremberg include St. Sebaldus Church in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
34.52% of people start their St. Sebaldus Church visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. Sebaldus Church
82.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Sebaldus Church