Are you looking for what to do in Nuuk?
PLACES TO SEE
- The Nuuk Cathedral: This was built in 1849. This is a red building and with its steeple is very famous here. Other landmarks include the Hans Egede Statue, the Hans Egede Church and the Herrnhut House which was the hub of the Moravian Mission station at Nuuk,which was active all over the west coast.
- Katuaq Culture Centre: This is a cultural centre that is made use of for exhibitions, conferences as well as concerts and cinema. It was planned by Sschmidt Hammer Lassenand was inaugurated in February 1997. There are two auditoriums,the bigger one capable of seating 1008 people while the smaller one can seat just 508. The centre also has alibrary,art school, administrative offices, meeting facilities as well as a café.
- University of Greenland: The University of Greenland is situated in Nuuk and is the Greenland’s national university. The majority of courses are taught inDanishwhile the rest are inGreenlandic.
- Nuuk Art Museum: The Nuuk Art Museum is the sole private art and crafts museum to be founded in Greenland. It has a noteworthy collection of drawings, paintings, graphics, watercolors, figures in wood, ivory and soapstone, with plenty of items from the collection of Svend Junge, a businessman. Worth mentioning is a collection of more than 150 Emanuel A. Petersenpaintings.
- National Museum of Greenland: This is found in Nuuk and is one of the earliest museums setup in Greenland somewhere in the mid 1960s. It has affiliation to the Danish National Museumwhich has widened its collections. It has plenty of artifacts which are related to history, archaeology, art and handicrafts and has details about buildings, graveyards and ruins as well.
- Kalaallit Nunaata Radioa: The KNR or the Greenlandic Broadcasting Corporation is the national public broadcasting corporation of Greenland and is found in Nuuk. It is an autonomous state-run corporation headed by a board of seven people. KNR has one national radio station and one national television station to provide. The radio station mostly operates in Kalaallisut, the local Greenlandic language but in Danish as well
Below we have a list of things to do in Nuuk and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Nuuk getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Nuuk with confidence.