Gregory LakeCurrently Closed
- Address: Nuwara Eliya City, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 200 LKR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Lake
Gregory Lake - Review
This lake was built during the British ruling in India by Sir William Gregory. The purpose of building this lake is believed to be to generate electricity for the City. It is mainly used for water sports and other recreational activities by locals and tourists alike. It sees the most crowds in the month of April due to the festivities and holidays. Races like Nuwara Eliya Road race and the Lake cross on the bank of Lake Gregory attracts many enthusiasts.
Gregory Lake Information
- You can enjoy the Boat ride amid the scenic beauty for LKR 500 for half an hour. Motorboat for LKR 1500 for 30 minutes, and a horse ride for LKR 300 for 15 minutes.
How To reach Gregory Lake by Public Transport
- Since it is in the city itself, you can either choose to walk down, or hire a cab or a tuk-tuk.
Restaurants Near Gregory Lake
- Picnic tables, a restaurant and a snack bar are the options if you would like to have lunch, while enjoying the lake view.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nuwara Eliya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuwara Eliya and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gregory Lake
95% of people who visit Nuwara Eliya include Gregory Lake in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
32.52% of people start their Gregory Lake visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gregory Lake
94.13% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gregory Lake
Gregory Lake Map
Gregory Lake Trips
Gregory Lake, Nuwara Eliya Reviews
Gorgeous place. Has great views. Popular among all.. Any one can ride boats here. There are many types of boats. Boats for family, boats for couples, boats for young boys etc. Near the lake there is nature park with full of flowers. It have acess for wheelchair and parking is also available..
Great place in the heart of Nuwara Eliya to watch and stay. It has a great view, pedal boats, speed boats, great river banks with great lawn, food, flowers, cable sliding, horses to ride etc... Also the place has a nice car park, the lawn never gets packed and pretty well maintained.
Excellent location for water sports activities in Nuwara Eliya. definitely do a super hi speed jet boat ride. Specially kids love to play around the area and the activities. There are good food outlets.
Beautiful place. One of most attractive place in the Nuwara eliya town. parking available. Boat safaries available. You have to get a ticket for car park.
Ridiculous price for foreigners. As most of places in Sri Lanka, they do overcharge tourists! This is only a lake to stroll around and I’m pretty sure that back home I saw many places like this or even better for free. The condition is free to everyone (independent of race, gender, age, religion and mainly if you are a foreigner). It’s kind of exploration over foreigners. Very sad ! Do not support this activity! You can see from outside!
All QuestionsGregory lake
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Chapel Eleele
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames