Gregory Lake2342 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Nuwara Eliya City, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 200 LKR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Lake
This lake was built during the British ruling in India by Sir William Gregory. The purpose of building this lake is believed to be to generate electricity for the City. It is mainly used for water sports and other recreational activities by locals and tourists alike. It sees the most crowds in the month of April due to the festivities and holidays. Races like Nuwara Eliya Road race and the Lake cross on the bank of Lake Gregory attracts many enthusiasts.
Gregory Lake Travel Tips
- You can enjoy the Boat ride amid the scenic beauty for LKR 500 for half an hour. Motorboat for LKR 1500 for 30 minutes, and a horse ride for LKR 300 for 15 minutes.
How to Reach Gregory Lake
- Since it is in the city itself, you can either choose to walk down, or hire a cab or a tuk-tuk.
- Picnic tables, a restaurant and a snack bar are the options if you would like to have lunch, while enjoying the lake view.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nuwara Eliya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuwara Eliya and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Nuwara Eliya include Gregory Lake in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
27.88% of people start their Gregory Lake visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gregory Lake
91.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gregory Lake
Gregory Lake Reviews & Ratings
Can I know about Prices for Locals in Gregory LakeAnswer Report Abuse
The entry is free for locals at the Gregory Lake.Report Abuse