Gregory Lake, Nuwara Eliya
About Gregory Lake, Nuwara Eliya
Gregory Lake, Nuwara Eliya - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Nuwara Eliya City
Ticket Price: 200 LKR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 15K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Lake
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This lake was built during the British ruling in India by Sir William Gregory. The purpose of building this lake is believed to be to generate electricity for the City. It is mainly used for water sports and other recreational activities by locals and tourists alike. It sees the most crowds in the month of April due to the festivities and holidays. Races like Nuwara Eliya Road race and the Lake cross on the bank of Lake Gregory attracts many enthusiasts.
Gregory Lake Information
- You can enjoy the Boat ride amid the scenic beauty for LKR 500 for half an hour. Motorboat for LKR 1500 for 30 minutes, and a horse ride for LKR 300 for 15 minutes.
How To reach Gregory Lake by Public Transport
- Since it is in the city itself, you can either choose to walk down, or hire a cab or a tuk-tuk.
Restaurants Near Gregory Lake
- Picnic tables, a restaurant and a snack bar are the options if you would like to have lunch, while enjoying the lake view.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nuwara Eliya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuwara Eliya and book an accommodation of your choice.
Gregory Lake, Nuwara Eliya Reviews - Write a Review
Wonderful place to visit. You can have a pedal boat ride, motor boat ride or if you brave enough water jet ride. If you board in a hotel that can view gregory lake site it will be fantastic.
Very beautiful lake in Nuwara Eliya. Nice view. If you like , you can do water sports like jet ski and more.
Wonderful place to enjoy your holiday. Beautiful scenery and lots of events to spend the day. Jet boat riding, boat riding and etc. Now also can experience heli tours for reasonable price.
Nice Views and interesting boat rides.. It's better to visit morning and evening times.. Food stalls are available and some events are organizing in seasonal times. Great place to visit.
It is recommandable to visit and relax your time. Don''t forget to bring thin jacket or wear long sleeves. It is a little cool.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hakgala Natural Reserve
- Nuwaraeliya Market
- Nuwara Eliya Golf Club
- Park View Guest House
- St. Clairs Falls
- Pidurutalagala Mountain
- Queenswood Cottage
- Devon Falls
- Pigeons Nest Guest House
- Victoria Park
- Nuwara Eliya Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nuwara Eliya
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nuwara Eliya
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nuwara Eliya
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nuwara Eliya
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nuwara Eliya
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nuwara Eliya