Hakgala Botanic Gardens1581 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Peradeniya-Badulla-Chenkaladi Hwy, Sri Lanka, Nuwara Eliya Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 1100 LKR
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Walking Area, Leisure, Family And Kids
It lies under the Hakgala Peak, elevated at 5000-6000 feet, making it one of the highest in the World. It is the second largest garden in Sri Lanka. It is home to approximately 10,000 varieties of flowers, and the blooms are at its peak during spring. It’s famous for Orchids and Roses planted here. The garden also finds its mention in Ramayana as “Ashok Vatika”.
Hakgala Botanic Gardens Travel Tips
- They have a facility of taking you around in a Golf cart - which needs to be booked in advance.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hakgala Botanic Gardens
- Adult: 1100 LKR
- Child: 550 LKR
How to Reach Hakgala Botanic Gardens
- Take a bus heading to Welimada, and get down at Hakgala Botanical Garden.
- Genuine Humbugs Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nuwara Eliya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nuwara Eliya and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Hakgala Botanic Gardens Address: Peradeniya-Badulla-Chenkaladi Hwy, Sri Lanka, Nuwara Eliya
- Hakgala Botanic Gardens Timing: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Hakgala Botanic Gardens Price: 1100 LKR
- Best time to visit Hakgala Botanic Gardens(preferred time): 07:00 am - 10:00 am
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
65.2% of people who visit Nuwara Eliya include Hakgala Botanic Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
37.05% of people start their Hakgala Botanic Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Hakgala Botanic Gardens
94.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hakgala Botanic Gardens
People normally club together Horton Plains National Park and Pedro Tea Factory while planning their visit to Hakgala Botanic Gardens.
Hakgala Botanic Gardens Reviews & Ratings
How is local price ....Answer Report Abuse
Entrance fee for local guest for haggala parkAnswer Report Abuse
With an enormous experience to be explored by visitors, entrance fee for Hakgala Botanical Garden is 3,787 LKR, i.e. around INR 1500 for children and adults alike. They are no other charges to be paid for different collections.Report Abuse
local guest ticket priceAnswer Report Abuse
The ticket price for local guests is Rs 60/=