How to Reach Oakland
How to reach Oakland
HOW TO GET TO OAKLAND
- Air: Being the second largest airport in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Oakland International Airport caters to domestic as well as international destinations which include U.K., Sweden and Norway.
- Train: Multiple trains run through Oakland’s Amtrak stations which connects the city to major destinations like Reno and Sacramento. there are daily trains to Seattle, Los Angeles as well as Chicago. Routes from San Francisco and San Jose are regular and frequent.
- Car: Interstate highways as well as California State routes lead into or pass through Oakland.
- Ferry: The San Francisco Bay Ferry connects the city to Oakland. Apart from beating the traffic, it also gives you an enjoyable view and experience.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART): This transit system links the entire bay area. Its final destinations include Richmond, Bay point, Dublin/ Pleasanton, South Fremont and Millbrae. They cover the Oakland international Airport, San Francisco International Airport, Daly city, to name a few important destinations.
- Bus: Oakland Bus Station makes the city easily accessible by bus from major destinations like Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
HOW TO GET AROUND OAKLAND
- By Rental Cars: Surrounded by interesting cities like San Francisco and Napa that you may want to explore, you cannot be blamed for the temptation of driving. Rental car offices are available outside the Oakland Airport, as well as at the Oakland Convention centre.
- Taxi: Available at almost all public places, taxis are the easiest and quickest means of transport.
- Buses: Buses frequent within the city and to the neighbouring communities. Make sure to check the website for route and fare charges.
- By Bike: Bike Rental Offices are in many locations, the popular one being the Jack London Square. Bikes are also allowed in many public transport systems like BART and the ferry.
- Foot: Some of the best tourist attractions can be explored by foot. However not all can be accessed similarly. Don’t hesitate to avail public transport, and enjoy strolling in the city in combination.
Modes of Transportation in Oakland
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Oakland. The most preferred mode of transport in Oakland is Car.
Average distance: 15.3 km Average time: 29.46 min
Car 50%Driving 23.67 min Walking 0.83 min Overall average time for 22.13 kms 24.5 min
Train/Metro 16.67%Train 14 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 14 min
Bus/Trolleybus 25%Bus 34 min Walking 9 min Waiting 3.33 min Overall average time for 11.27 kms 46.33 min
Walking 8.33%Walking 9 min Overall average time for 2 kms 9 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Le Claire
- How To Reach Biloxi
- How To Reach Custer
- How To Reach Wisconsin Dells
- How To Reach Richmond
- How To Reach Santa Barbara
- How To Reach Bangor
- How To Reach Chapel Hill
- How To Reach Ojai
- How To Reach San Antonio
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.