Bay Bridge TrailCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Bay Bridge Trail, California, USA, Oakland, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, View Point, Biking Trail, Bridge, Walking Area, Family And Kids
The Bay Bridge Trail connects Oakland to San Francisco islands, Yerba Buena and the Treasure Island. This one-of-a-kind bicycle and pedestrian trail stretches up to 2.2 miles giving the stunning views of the bay. A quiet stroll across the bridge or an exhilarating bicycle ride is like moving across the sky. Whether it be for the view, for exercise or for a walk, the Bay Bridge Trail is a unique affair. Glance at the pristine bay as you walk, the view of the sailboats, cruise ships and the giant freighters at the port will excite you like a child. An occasional interruption of a friendly cormorant is interesting, with a number of birds giving each other company, enjoying a leisure time. While the trail is long, you will neither get accustomed to the view nor the environment. Enjoy this time in the sky, the bay under your feet and the serene blue all around you.
Bay Bridge Trail Travel Tips
- Biking speed limit is 15-mph.
- Cyclists must yield to pedestrians.
- Fishing is not permitted from the bridge.
- There are three ways of accessing the bicycle and pedestrian path, Shellmound Street in Emeryville, the historic Bridge Yard building at 210 Burma Road in Oakland and Yerba Buena Island in San Francisco.
- Be sure to carry water, and wear comfortable shoes.
Bay Bridge Trail Hours
- The mentioned hours are from May 2017 to 4th September 2017. Check official website for details.
How to Reach Bay Bridge Trail
- Buses 800, NL, O, OX, S, SB, W to stop- I-80 at Bay Bridge Toll Plaza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oakland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oakland and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.05% of people who visit Oakland include Bay Bridge Trail in their plan
95% of people start their Bay Bridge Trail visit around 01 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Bay Bridge Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bay Bridge Trail
People normally also visit Castro Theatre while planning their trip to Bay Bridge Trail.