- Address: Chinatown, Oakland, CA 94607, USA, United States
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods , Souvenir Shop
The Oakland Chinatown is like a sudden burst of pan-Asian community in the city. You will see traditional Chinese and other pan-Asian decorations along the shops and restaurants. An excellent example of the diversity of the city, this place offers you everything from food to spices, souvenirs, fresh produce and even tea.
Exotic delectable Dim Sums are the specialty of Chinatown, along with some great authentic street food. The fresh produce available her is a vision. Fresh Asian vegetables, live fish, fruits like durians and rambutans are easily found in the market. Chinese tea is imported to Chinatown and a variety of flavors and types are available.
The one thing that Chinatown is famous for is its affordability. Things like traditional dress, souvenirs, toys and crafts, and utensils will interest you throughout the market.
It could be a couple of hours or you could make a day of it, you’ll always want to come back, that’s for sure.
How to Reach Chinatown
- BART- Metro- Dublin/Pleasanton- Daly City, Warm Springs/South Fremont- Daly City, Warm Springs/South Fremont- Richmond to stop- Lake Merritt Station
- Buses 29, 33, 88, 314 to stop- 11th St:Franklin St
- Buses 51A, 611, 651, 851 to stop- Broadway at 10th St
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oakland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oakland and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.11% of people who visit Oakland include Chinatown in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
60% of people start their Chinatown visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Chinatown
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chinatown