Oakland Museum Of California85 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1000 Oak St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5103188400
- Ticket Price: 16 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums
The Oakland Museum of California is a museum that incorporates everything of this city that is the best. Primarily divided into three sections of art, history and natural science, the museum also houses special exhibitions of designated artists.
The art section holds some of the best creations dating from the 1800s to the present. Painters, sculptures and photographers contribute to this colossal collection of more than 70000 artworks. Moving on to the next part, the history exhibits help you explore the seven stages of evolution of California from the time of the native people living in the dynamic conditions to the golden era and then to the present day. This rollercoaster ride is encompassing with more than 1.8 million items sharing their story. The gallery of history is all but static with constant additions made to include stories that have not yet been told.
When you enter the gallery of natural science, a unique opportunity of interaction between you and the natural world awaits. The gallery is a proud presenter of California being one of the top ten hotspots for biological diversity in the country. Study and research artefacts of birds, mammals, eggs, reptiles, amphibians and plants go beyond 100000.
The museum gives an authentic experience and is a must-visit to adults and children alike.
Oakland Museum Of California Travel Tips
- Wheelchair access is available and Service animals are welcome.
Entrance Ticket Details For Oakland Museum Of California
- Seniors (65+) and students (with current ID) 10.95 USD
- Youth (9-17) 6.95 USD
- Children (8 & under) free of cost.
- Fridays after 5 pm there is a concession, check official website for details.
- Special exhibition fee applicable, check official website for details.
- Group rates are applicable, and group tours available. Check official website for details.
How to Reach Oakland Museum Of California
- Buses 62, 88, 96, 611 to stop- Oak St: 10th St
- Buses 1, 29, 33, 40, 618, 801, 840 to stop- 12th St: Fallon St
- BART- Dublin/Pleasanton- Daly City, Warm Springs/ South Fremont- Daly City, Warm Springs/ South Fremont- Richmond to stop- Lake Merritt Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oakland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oakland and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.12% of people who visit Oakland include Oakland Museum Of California in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75% of people start their Oakland Museum Of California visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Oakland Museum Of California
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oakland Museum Of California