Remember ThemCurrently Open
- Address: 19th St & Rashida Muhammad Path, Oakland, CA 94612, USA, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Monument, Family And Kids
“It is the people who chose the more difficult road and changed our world forever that I want to honor with my art, and in turn, inspire others to follow in their footsteps.”
These are the words of the artist who brought back our heroes, our idols and paid a tribute to them in the most remarkable way. Mario Chiodo, a sculptor from Oakland had the idea of this monument for years, and finally got an opportunity in 2001. He sculpted 25 of the worlds humanitarians, and around 14 local champions. The world figures include, Maya Angelou, Helen Keller, Martin Luther King Jr., Abraham Lincoln, Mother Teresa and The Unknown Rebel of Tiananmen Square. These people not only changed the lives of million people, but also changed the workings of the world. Seeing them up so close is overwhelming and very inspirational.
The most special part of this monument is that while some of the sculptures are as tall as 30 feet, some of them are at eye level. This is especially for people who are visually impaired. Not only can they feel the faces of their heroes, but they can also read their quotes as they are written in braille too.
The energy around the sculptures is thrilling. It is full of pride, motivation and excitement. Visit it, and be inspired.
How to Reach Remember Them
- Buses 18, 72, 72M, 802 to stop- Thomas L Berkley Way (20th St): San Pablo Av
- Buses 6, 800 to stop- Thomas L Berkley Way (20th St): Telegragh Av
- BART: Pittsbury/Bay Point- SFIA/Millbrae, Richmond- Daly City/Millbrae, Warm Springs/ South Fremont- Richmond to stop- 19th St Oakland Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oakland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oakland and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Remember Them Address: 19th St & Rashida Muhammad Path, Oakland, CA 94612, USA, United States
- Remember Them Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Remember Them(preferred time): 05:00 pm - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Remember Them: 00:20 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!