Ocean City Tourism
Initially known as a sleepy fishing village, Ocean City is one of the most renowned beach resort town in Maryland, today. With some historic attractions to draw tourists from since the 1800s, this town has just been flourishing over the years. The beach and the boardwalk are where you will find most tourists flocking in Ocean City. The boardwalk is considered as one of the most iconic boardwalks in the country, and there is an array of shops, restaurants, lodges and amusement parks alongside.
The beach town also has a variety of events going on, owing to the large convention center in the city. There are also some very uniquely interesting museums in the city, that will keep you totally enthralled, as well as, thrilling entertainment facilities that are perfect for entire families. Ocean City is never down on the fun quotient.
For those looking for some peaceful time, you can go fishing at one of the country's best fishing piers or just get an invigorating massage. The parks in the city will give you the opportunity for having an awesome picnic with your families.
Ocean City is a place where there is something for all ages to take back home to.
Essential travel information and Ocean City tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC-05:00 hours
- Currency: US Dollars
- Electricity and Internet: 110-120 Volts of Electrical output. High speed wireless internet is available in most hotels in Ocean City.
- Languages: English is spoken primarily in Ocean City. Spanish and Russian are also spoken by a large population here.
- Security: 911 (Police, Fire and Ambulance)
- Tipping: Tipping is mandatory in most places.