Events and Festivals in Odense
In the summer when the weather is mild and pleasant, there are a lot of outdoor events that take place in Odense. Opera performances at the outdoor theatre, musical performance happen all year around in the cultural center of the city.
- Odense International Film Festival: The oldest film festival in Denmark, it has been an annual event since 1975. The festival takes place every year in August, and is absolutely free for all.
- Odense Flower Festival: Usually in high summer (August) the flower festival is a bloom and burst of floral decorations and beautiful art work made with flowers from all over Denmark. It is a 5 day feast for the senses and attracts thousands of visitors from all over Europe and the world.
- H.C Andersen Festival: Celebrating the life of this prolific and gifted author, the Hans Christian Andersen Festival is an annual event which appreciates fairytales, creativity and a sense of wonder. There are parades, concerts, cabarets etc all spread over a 5 day event in August.
- Jam Days Odense: A seven day festival of music, it happens across the city in cafes, pubs and traditional venues as well. There are a profusion of Danish and international artists who perform at different venues throughout the week. This festival generally happens in June.
Trip plans for Odense
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Odense
- Events & Festivals in Otterup
- Events & Festivals in Svendborg
- Events & Festivals in Middelfart
- Events & Festivals in Korsør
- Events & Festivals in Bjert
- Events & Festivals in Tranekær