Deribasovskaya Street, Odessa
Deribasovskaya Street, Odessa - Address
Address: Derybasivska Street, Odesa, Odessa Oblast Ukraine
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Streets
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Deribasovskaya Street, Odessa
Named after José de Ribas, the mayor who lived on the street, this road was made into a pedestrian walkway in 1984. Right next to the street is the famous City Park. The charming tree shaded boulevard is lined on both sides with restaurants, cafes and shops. The mix of tourist and locals makes it one of the best places in the city to people watch. Keep an eye out for the Baroque building known as the Passage Hotel, the Bolshaya Moskovskaya Hotel, the Richelieu Lyceum building, and for the monument to de Ribas. The street is also the location of the Humorina, a festival and street procession dedicated to humour. People dressed in amusing costumes fill the sides of the streets then, and it’s one of the coolest events in the city. Also on the street is the monument to the founder of the city himself; look for the statue of a man with his foot resting on a shovel.
How To reach Deribasovskaya Street by Public Transport
- Buses 117, 137, 145, 22A, 221 stop Lanzheronivska St Lanzheronovskaya.
- Funicular Prymors'kyi Blvd - Mors'kyi port stop Prymors'kyi Blvd.
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Deribasovskaya Street, Odessa Reviews
- Top Attractions in Odessa
- Hellenic Foundation For Culture
- Odessa Museum Of Western And Eastern Art
- Municipal O.bleschunov Museum Of Private Collections
- Holy Assumption Cathedral
- Church Of Holy Martyr Tatiana
- Spaso-Preobrazhenskiy Cathedral
- Holy Assumption Patriarchal Friary
- Roman Catholic Church Of St. Paul The Apostle
- Friary Of St.elias
- Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Maritime Museum