Odessa Archaeological Museum, OdessaCurrently Open
- Address: Lanzheronivs'ka St, 4, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +380-487256322
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
About Odessa Archaeological Museum, Odessa
Established in 1825 this is the oldest archaeological Museum in the country. The building you see today was completed in 1883. Focusing its activities on expositions, research, and restoration, the museum has amassed a collection of 160000 archaeological artefacts from around the Black Sea region. It has a lovely collection of coins, with 50000 exhibits from antiquity including Greece, Rome, Byzantine, Kievan Rus and the Romanovs. The museum also has a rich Greek and Cypriote art collection. But the best and largest collection is probably the prehistoric exhibit from the dawn of man to the second millennium BC. It also has one of the finest collections of Egyptian Antiquities in the world.
In the square outside the museum you will find the Statue of Laocoon. This is only a replica of the more famous statue kept in public display at the Vatican, but it is nevertheless beautiful.
Odessa Archaeological Museum Ticket Prices
- Museum + Golden Treasury 50 UAH
- Children, Students 10 UAH (Golden Treasury +20UAH)
- Guided Tour - Group (price per person) 50 UAH
How To reach Odessa Archaeological Museum by Public Transport
- Bus 10, 155; Share Taxi 110, 120, 190, 210 stop Tamozhenna Square.
- Buses 117, 137, 145, 22A, 221 stop st Lanzheronivska.
- Funicular Prymors'kyi Blvd - Mors'kyi port stop Prymors'kyi Blvd.
- By car or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Odessa Archaeological Museum, Odessa Reviews
Nice exhibits but lighting and interior need help. More English translation of item descriptions would be great help.
Very nice display. However you should be aware that they have some extreme mixing of historical periods. Greek vases in particular. Also many of the vases are displayed only from one side, leaving half of the vases depictions covered. You have to pay extra for pictures.
Great museum with a lot of things to see in a building that gives off a Soviet Union vibe. Also has a coin collection with some of the world's most valuable coins. Definetly worth a visit.
Small, but very good. The museum has a decent collection of it's own, and some nice materials on loan from other museums. It was worth the time and money, and also worth the extra fee to take photos. I will come again sometime.
Interesting collection. I was surprised by the mummies and ancient Egyptian sarcophagi in great condition. Don't miss the gold room (if you can't find it ask a guard, it might be locked when no one is around)
All QuestionsOdessa Archaeological Museum
- Attractions near Odessa Archaeological Museum
- Main Synagogue Of Odessa
- Odessa Numismatics Museum
- Spaso-Preobrazhenskiy Cathedral
- Paleontological Museum And Mineralogical Museum
- Odessa Local Lore And History Museum
- Roman Catholic Church Of St. Paul The Apostle
- Luzanivka Beach
- Odessa Museum Of Western And Eastern Art
- Museum Of Odessa Modern Art
- Kanatnaya Doroga
- Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Odessa Philharmonic Theater
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Odessa
- Гостиница в Одессе - "Де Ришелье"
- Zolote Dytia
- Spartak Stadium
- Monument To Leonid Utiosov
- Odessa International Airport
- Central Stadium Chernomorets
- Odessa State Environmental University
- Odessa Art Museum
- U Baby Uti Wax Museum
- Odessa Literary Museum
- Preobrazhenskiy Park