Odessa Zoo, Odessa
Odessa Zoo, Odessa - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: вул. Новощепний Ряд, 25, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
Ticket Price: 40 UAH
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 663 times in trip plans
Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Odessa Zoo, Odessa
Opened in the 1922 the zoo covers an area of 6 hectares and houses 1600 animals from 243 different species. In 1992 it was elevated to the status of a nature reserve. Exhibits include lions, tigers, leopards, horses, wolf, bears, elephants, monkeys, kangaroos, koulons, falcons, ostriches, and various kinds of birds. This is Ukraine’s only state breeding ground of birds of prey. The zoo has had a rather unsavoury reputation for consistently keeping its animals malnourished and nearly sick. As a result, many people have been boycotting the zoo. Efforts are underway to slowly improve the image of the zoo and the conditions of the animals over here.
Odessa Zoo Information
- Check for upcoming events on calendar.
Odessa Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- Child: 20 UAH
- Groups 1 to 15 persons: 40 UAN
- Groups 15 to 30 persons 40 UAN + 3 UAN extra
- Further discounts are available online.
- Free for disabled, veterans, combatants and orphans.
How To reach Odessa Zoo by Public Transport
- Tram 5, 10, 28; Share Taxi 115, 171, 214 stop Preobrazhenska St
- Trams 5, 28; Share Taxi 115, 127, 171, 185, 214, 237, 242 stop Katerynynska St
- Trams 3, 10, 11 stop rynok "Pryvoz"
- Share taxi 117, 121, 131, 149, 214, 215, 220A stop Novoshipnyi riad St
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Odessa Zoo, Odessa Reviews
Cute animals. Should add some more kind of animals.
Lots of ducks and other birds, even flamingos! Stinky place
I hope this " ZOO" will be closed as soon as possible!!! Poor animals, disgusting conditions. I hope our children's will be slim enough to do it..
Horrible! The heart breaks when you face wild animals in that condition: they live Just in a cage, not in habitat good for their own!
The zoo needs a bit of maintaining, despite that plenty of animals to see.
- Top Attractions in Odessa
- Odessa National Academic Opera And Ballet Theater
- Vorontsov Palace
- Potemkin Stairs
- Privoz Market
- Odessa Railway Station
- Hellenic Foundation For Culture
- Odessa Museum Of Western And Eastern Art
- Municipal O.bleschunov Museum Of Private Collections
- Holy Assumption Patriarchal Friary
- Holy Assumption Cathedral
- Church Of Holy Martyr Tatiana