Odessa ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: вул. Новощепний Ряд, 25, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +380-487225589
- Ticket Price: 40 UAH
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Odessa Zoo - Review
Opened in the 1922 the zoo covers an area of 6 hectares and houses 1600 animals from 243 different species. In 1992 it was elevated to the status of a nature reserve. Exhibits include lions, tigers, leopards, horses, wolf, bears, elephants, monkeys, kangaroos, koulons, falcons, ostriches, and various kinds of birds. This is Ukraine’s only state breeding ground of birds of prey. The zoo has had a rather unsavoury reputation for consistently keeping its animals malnourished and nearly sick. As a result, many people have been boycotting the zoo. Efforts are underway to slowly improve the image of the zoo and the conditions of the animals over here.
Odessa Zoo Information
- Check for upcoming events on calendar.
Odessa Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- Child: 20 UAH
- Groups 1 to 15 persons: 40 UAN
- Groups 15 to 30 persons 40 UAN + 3 UAN extra
- Further discounts are available online.
- Free for disabled, veterans, combatants and orphans.
How To reach Odessa Zoo by Public Transport
- Tram 5, 10, 28; Share Taxi 115, 171, 214 stop Preobrazhenska St
- Trams 5, 28; Share Taxi 115, 127, 171, 185, 214, 237, 242 stop Katerynynska St
- Trams 3, 10, 11 stop rynok "Pryvoz"
- Share taxi 117, 121, 131, 149, 214, 215, 220A stop Novoshipnyi riad St
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Odessa Zoo
72.16% of people who visit Odessa include Odessa Zoo in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
36.67% of people start their Odessa Zoo visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Odessa Zoo
94.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Odessa Zoo
Odessa Zoo Map
Odessa Zoo Trips
Odessa Zoo, Odessa Reviews
Zoo is located near local street market, so prepare for dirty streets when approaching and difficulties with a parking. A lot of paid attractions and low-quality toys for the kids, so you'll be lucky if can pass it fast and eventually get to animals. But don't expect to see a lot of them. Exposition overall is very limited.
A little place but you can see animals very close. You can almost give him kiss ;). I like!!!
Conditions of the zoo is not so good and poor hygienic environment.
Nice place to be visited with kids and family
Nice place, closed to privost market.