Odessa Zoo, OdessaCurrently Closed
- Address: вул. Новощепний Ряд, 25, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +380-487225589
- Ticket Price: 40 UAH
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
About Odessa Zoo, Odessa
Opened in the 1922 the zoo covers an area of 6 hectares and houses 1600 animals from 243 different species. In 1992 it was elevated to the status of a nature reserve. Exhibits include lions, tigers, leopards, horses, wolf, bears, elephants, monkeys, kangaroos, koulons, falcons, ostriches, and various kinds of birds. This is Ukraine’s only state breeding ground of birds of prey. The zoo has had a rather unsavoury reputation for consistently keeping its animals malnourished and nearly sick. As a result, many people have been boycotting the zoo. Efforts are underway to slowly improve the image of the zoo and the conditions of the animals over here.
Odessa Zoo Information
- Check for upcoming events on calendar.
Odessa Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- Child: 20 UAH
- Groups 1 to 15 persons: 40 UAN
- Groups 15 to 30 persons 40 UAN + 3 UAN extra
- Further discounts are available online.
- Free for disabled, veterans, combatants and orphans.
How To reach Odessa Zoo by Public Transport
- Tram 5, 10, 28; Share Taxi 115, 171, 214 stop Preobrazhenska St
- Trams 5, 28; Share Taxi 115, 127, 171, 185, 214, 237, 242 stop Katerynynska St
- Trams 3, 10, 11 stop rynok "Pryvoz"
- Share taxi 117, 121, 131, 149, 214, 215, 220A stop Novoshipnyi riad St
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Odessa Zoo
50.19% of people who visit Odessa include Odessa Zoo in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
37.77% of people start their Odessa Zoo visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Odessa Zoo
93.94% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Odessa Zoo
Odessa Zoo, Odessa Reviews
Cute animals. Should add some more kind of animals.
Lots of ducks and other birds, even flamingos! Stinky place
I hope this " ZOO" will be closed as soon as possible!!! Poor animals, disgusting conditions. I hope our children's will be slim enough to do it..
Horrible! The heart breaks when you face wild animals in that condition: they live Just in a cage, not in habitat good for their own!
The zoo needs a bit of maintaining, despite that plenty of animals to see.
All QuestionsOdessa zoo
- Attractions near Odessa Zoo
- Municipal O.bleschunov Museum Of Private Collections
- Monument For Odessa Police
- Kanatnaya Doroga
- Museum Of Odessa Modern Art
- Museum Of The Cinema
- Friary Of St.elias
- Aquapark Odessa
- Holy Assumption Cathedral
- Church Of Holy Martyr Tatiana
- Gold Coast Beach
- Muzey Konyachnogo Dela Shustova
- Holy Trinity Cathedral