Odessa Zoo, Odessa
About Odessa Zoo, Odessa
Odessa Zoo, Odessa - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: вул. Новощепний Ряд, 25, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
Ticket Price: 40 UAH
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 661 times in trip plans
Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Opened in the 1922 the zoo covers an area of 6 hectares and houses 1600 animals from 243 different species. In 1992 it was elevated to the status of a nature reserve. Exhibits include lions, tigers, leopards, horses, wolf, bears, elephants, monkeys, kangaroos, koulons, falcons, ostriches, and various kinds of birds. This is Ukraine’s only state breeding ground of birds of prey. The zoo has had a rather unsavoury reputation for consistently keeping its animals malnourished and nearly sick. As a result, many people have been boycotting the zoo. Efforts are underway to slowly improve the image of the zoo and the conditions of the animals over here.
Odessa Zoo Information
- Check for upcoming events on calendar.
Odessa Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- Child: 20 UAH
- Groups 1 to 15 persons: 40 UAN
- Groups 15 to 30 persons 40 UAN + 3 UAN extra
- Further discounts are available online.
- Free for disabled, veterans, combatants and orphans.
How To reach Odessa Zoo by Public Transport
- Tram 5, 10, 28; Share Taxi 115, 171, 214 stop Preobrazhenska St
- Trams 5, 28; Share Taxi 115, 127, 171, 185, 214, 237, 242 stop Katerynynska St
- Trams 3, 10, 11 stop rynok "Pryvoz"
- Share taxi 117, 121, 131, 149, 214, 215, 220A stop Novoshipnyi riad St
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Odessa Zoo, Odessa Reviews - Write a Review
I hope this " ZOO" will be closed as soon as possible!!! Poor animals, disgusting conditions. I hope our children's will be slim enough to do it..
Horrible! The heart breaks when you face wild animals in that condition: they live Just in a cage, not in habitat good for their own!
The zoo needs a bit of maintaining, despite that plenty of animals to see.
One of the saddest places I've ever been - horrible for the animals
Even though you've probably visited the largest zoos in the world or seen the animals in their natural habitats I always try to see how the locals keep their zoos. Go here if you stay for a week and are running out of things to do.
- Nearby Attractions
- Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Friary Of St.elias
- Holy Assumption Patriarchal Friary
- Roman Catholic Church Of St. Paul The Apostle
- House-museum Of Leonid Utyosov
- Hellenic Foundation For Culture
- Paleontological Museum And Mineralogical Museum
- Odessa Numismatics Museum
- St. Elijah Monastery
- Odessa Mechnikov National University
- Odessa Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Odessa
- What to See in 48 Hours in Odessa
- What to See in 72 Hours in Odessa
- How to Spend 5 Days in Odessa
- How to Spend 6 Days in Odessa
- How to Spend 7 Days in Odessa