Privoz Market, Odessa
About Privoz Market, Odessa
Privoz Market, Odessa - Address, Phone Number
Address: Pryvozna St, 14, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 718 times in trip plans
Market, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The city of Odessa’s largest farmers market, and possibly the country’s too (and perhaps the largest in the world), was founded in 1827. Its growth was contributed to by the influx of different nationalities into the city at the time. Even today this international feel is well preserved. Goods on offer include food such as fish, vodka, shrimp, caviar, farm produce, and perfume, shoes, tools, second hand goods, old clothes, and possibly even stolen goods. There's nearly nothing you can't find here. The market has often been called almost as much of a recycling center as a department store. Vendors set up shop right outside full-fledged retail outlets. Be careful of pickpockets. You should know that the vendors expect you to haggle. The market enjoys a significant cultural reputation with many mentions in music and literature.
Privoz Market Information
- Be careful of pickpockets.
How To reach Privoz Market by Public Transport
- Tram 5, 10, 28; Share Taxi 115, 171, 214 stop Preobrazhenska St.
- Trams 5, 28; Share Taxi 115, 127, 171, 185, 214, 237, 242 stop Katerynynska St.
- Trams 3, 10, 11 stop rynok "Pryvoz"
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Privoz Market, Odessa Reviews - Write a Review
Just about everything on sale here, a wide range of fresh fruit, vegetables dairy products, meats and fish. This is where most local buy there food. Inexpensive. Vendors are happy to offer samples of the produce, non English speaking so my guide was a great help. The outside market sold lost of rubbish and knock offs.
Famous marketplace of Odessa, still bearing the old town's flavour. A combination of farmer's market, fish, apparel, shoes, household items and much more. A must see for tourists.
If you re new to this city and you re just adjsting to living in it make sure to visit it you migh find a lot of thing you re searching for and the prices are ofreable
A great and exotic place to visit. Loved the natural products sold there.
At this market you can find literally everything and the best of artisanal production of Bassarabia - variety of home-made soft cheeses, smoked meat delicacies, pickles, fruits, vegetables, Black sea fish, Yes, the market is old-fashioned, some places there are really dirty but the food you can buy is amazing.
- Nearby Attractions
- Friary Of St.elias
- Holy Assumption Patriarchal Friary
- Roman Catholic Church Of St. Paul The Apostle
- House-museum Of Leonid Utyosov
- Hellenic Foundation For Culture
- Paleontological Museum And Mineralogical Museum
- Odessa Numismatics Museum
- St. Elijah Monastery
- Odessa Mechnikov National University
- Monument To Sergey Utochkin
- Odessa Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Odessa
- What to See in 48 Hours in Odessa
- What to See in 72 Hours in Odessa
- How to Spend 5 Days in Odessa
- How to Spend 6 Days in Odessa
- How to Spend 7 Days in Odessa