Shevchenko Park, Odessa
About Shevchenko Park, Odessa
Shevchenko Park, Odessa - Address, Phone Number
Address: Приморський район, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 26 times in trip plans
Museum, Park, Watch Tower, Stadium, Monument, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Also known as the Central Park of Culture and Recreation of Taras Shevchenko, this massive complex can take nearly half a day to see, more if you want to catch a match at the stadium.
It was originally of Fort in 1795. After the Russell Turkish war of 1811 it was turned into a portside quarantine known as Serf’s Garden. The ruins of Fortress Hadzhibey and the Quarantine arcade (Powder Tower) and watchtower are still present at the site. In keeping with its military past, the park also has several monuments, including the Alexander II Column, the Monument to the Warriors of Internationalism, the Monument to an Unknown Sailor, and the Monument to the Perished Sailors.
The south end of the park has the Odessa Luna Park and its famous Ferris Wheel. It also has the Odessa Astronomical Observatory. The main attraction of the park is the Chornomorets Stadium, Fitness Gym and Odessa Museum of Football.
The park was the delight of famous Russian writers, including Zhukovskiy, Gogol, Ostrovskiy, Dostoyevskiy, and Chekhov. Most people tend to end up at the park accidentally, when they’re leaving the beach. It’s a terrific place for a stroll. Check out the ruins of the Green Theatre in the park, where performances are sometimes held.
Shevchenko Park Ticket Prices
- Museum of history of FC "Chernomorets": 30 UAH (7-13 year olds 25UAH; Free for under 6)
Shevchenko Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Museum of history of FC "Chernomorets": 10:00am to 6:00pm. Closed on Mondays.
- Odessa Astronomical Observatory: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
How To reach Shevchenko Park by Public Transport
- Tram 28; Trolleybus 2, Share taxi 203 stop TSPKiV Shevchenka.
- Trolleybus 9; Share taxi 9, 137, 146, 223 stop Zhukovskogo St.
- Buses 10, 155, 110, 120, 190, 210 stop Tamozhenna Square.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shevchenko Park, Odessa Reviews - Write a Review
Really nice park with various events. Football stadium Chornomorets is right here and Lanzheron beach is 5 min walk away. Great location!
Big and nice park. It may require some reparation and improvements, however it seems to be clean and you can spend there time. Rather not possible to find nice cut grass for a picnic.
love this park, huge trees, nice air. perfect place for morning workouts. a bit creepy at night
Very beautiful, tidy, recently repaired park, has wide alleys, place for skating, stunning sea views
Calm and quiet... Things to see... Good for tourists and a serene place to spend time your family and friends ☺✌
- Nearby Attractions
- Monument To Sergey Utochkin
- Гостиница в Одессе - "Де Ришелье"
- Zolote Dytia
- Spartak Stadium
- Monument To Leonid Utiosov
- Odessa International Airport
- Central Stadium Chernomorets
- Odessa State Environmental University
- The Babushka Grand Hostel
- Odessa Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Odessa
- What to See in 48 Hours in Odessa
- What to See in 72 Hours in Odessa
- How to Spend 5 Days in Odessa
- How to Spend 6 Days in Odessa
- How to Spend 7 Days in Odessa