Shevchenko ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Приморський район, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +380-964940434
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Park, Watch Tower, Stadium, Monument, Family And Kids
Shevchenko Park - Review
Also known as the Central Park of Culture and Recreation of Taras Shevchenko, this massive complex can take nearly half a day to see, more if you want to catch a match at the stadium.
It was originally of Fort in 1795. After the Russell Turkish war of 1811 it was turned into a portside quarantine known as Serf’s Garden. The ruins of Fortress Hadzhibey and the Quarantine arcade (Powder Tower) and watchtower are still present at the site. In keeping with its military past, the park also has several monuments, including the Alexander II Column, the Monument to the Warriors of Internationalism, the Monument to an Unknown Sailor, and the Monument to the Perished Sailors.
The south end of the park has the Odessa Luna Park and its famous Ferris Wheel. It also has the Odessa Astronomical Observatory. The main attraction of the park is the Chornomorets Stadium, Fitness Gym and Odessa Museum of Football.
The park was the delight of famous Russian writers, including Zhukovskiy, Gogol, Ostrovskiy, Dostoyevskiy, and Chekhov. Most people tend to end up at the park accidentally, when they’re leaving the beach. It’s a terrific place for a stroll. Check out the ruins of the Green Theatre in the park, where performances are sometimes held.
Shevchenko Park Ticket Prices
- Museum of history of FC "Chernomorets": 30 UAH (7-13 year olds 25UAH; Free for under 6)
Shevchenko Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Museum of history of FC "Chernomorets": 10:00am to 6:00pm. Closed on Mondays.
- Odessa Astronomical Observatory: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
How To reach Shevchenko Park by Public Transport
- Tram 28; Trolleybus 2, Share taxi 203 stop TSPKiV Shevchenka.
- Trolleybus 9; Share taxi 9, 137, 146, 223 stop Zhukovskogo St.
- Buses 10, 155, 110, 120, 190, 210 stop Tamozhenna Square.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Shevchenko Park
92.41% of people who visit Odessa include Shevchenko Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
57.38% of people start their Shevchenko Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Shevchenko Park
91.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shevchenko Park
Shevchenko Park Map
Shevchenko Park Trips
Shevchenko Park, Odessa Reviews
Nice place to go for a walk. There are all kinds of other options as well as like skateboarding and attraction park with all sorts of rides including fairy wheel. You can enjoy nice views on sea port and sea in general. And if you get hungry, there are many options to get grilled food or just any kind of fast food. This park is beautiful and huge - the city stadium is right there as a part of the park.
Very nice place for weekend visits with the family and friends. A lot of seats for rest and so clean around. There are many coffee shops and rent electric vehicles. Recommend to visit "Green Theater"
a nice serene park. there are some sculptures and monuments here and there. many coffee shop type restaurants around. there is an open air theater. the landscape is noteworthy. good place to spend a day with family. children will find spaces to play frisby. many seaters available.
One of my favourite areas in Odessa 😊 It's well kept up, there's some interesting monuments. A recently beautifully restored fountain. A skating park, open air theatre. Even a pretty cool lunapark 😊
Great place to relax... not beer everywhere is sold but that's fine. Quite place for families.
All QuestionsShevchenko park
- Municipal O.bleschunov Museum Of Private Collections
- Museum Of Odessa Modern Art
- Monument For Odessa Police
- Odessa Philharmonic Theater
- Pushkin Museum
- Odessa Museum Of Western And Eastern Art
- Kanatnaya Doroga
- Holy Assumption Cathedral
- Faltz-fein House
- Museum Of Interesting Science
- Tolstoi Palace
- Museum Of The Cinema
- Tråsåvika Camping John J Wiggen - Tråsåvika Camping John J Wigge
- Tråsåvika Camping
- Bygningshistorisk Park
- Håndarbeid Og Klær Ragnhild Lilletofte
- Sirdal Husky Farm Day Tours
- Sirdal Hytteformidling
- Myres Camping Gunbjørg Myre
- Karin Tove Netland
- Bjørnestad Skisenter
- Exclusive Art Ans
- Exclusive Art
- Aursundfisk Ba
- Løbergs Multikunst
- Aslaug Jamtvoll
- Mary Barthelemy