Shevchenko Park, OdessaCurrently Open
- Address: Приморський район, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +380-964940434
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Park, Watch Tower, Stadium, Monument, Family And Kids
About Shevchenko Park, Odessa
Also known as the Central Park of Culture and Recreation of Taras Shevchenko, this massive complex can take nearly half a day to see, more if you want to catch a match at the stadium.
It was originally of Fort in 1795. After the Russell Turkish war of 1811 it was turned into a portside quarantine known as Serf’s Garden. The ruins of Fortress Hadzhibey and the Quarantine arcade (Powder Tower) and watchtower are still present at the site. In keeping with its military past, the park also has several monuments, including the Alexander II Column, the Monument to the Warriors of Internationalism, the Monument to an Unknown Sailor, and the Monument to the Perished Sailors.
The south end of the park has the Odessa Luna Park and its famous Ferris Wheel. It also has the Odessa Astronomical Observatory. The main attraction of the park is the Chornomorets Stadium, Fitness Gym and Odessa Museum of Football.
The park was the delight of famous Russian writers, including Zhukovskiy, Gogol, Ostrovskiy, Dostoyevskiy, and Chekhov. Most people tend to end up at the park accidentally, when they’re leaving the beach. It’s a terrific place for a stroll. Check out the ruins of the Green Theatre in the park, where performances are sometimes held.
Shevchenko Park Ticket Prices
- Museum of history of FC "Chernomorets": 30 UAH (7-13 year olds 25UAH; Free for under 6)
Shevchenko Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Museum of history of FC "Chernomorets": 10:00am to 6:00pm. Closed on Mondays.
- Odessa Astronomical Observatory: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
How To reach Shevchenko Park by Public Transport
- Tram 28; Trolleybus 2, Share taxi 203 stop TSPKiV Shevchenka.
- Trolleybus 9; Share taxi 9, 137, 146, 223 stop Zhukovskogo St.
- Buses 10, 155, 110, 120, 190, 210 stop Tamozhenna Square.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shevchenko Park, Odessa Reviews
Very nice and pleasant place to spend a day. Very popular among locals and tourists. There are many benches to sit and relax, great views onto the sea and sea port. Also, you'll find few historic places there, such as old Turkish fortress and WWII memorial. There are many restaurants around this park where you can grab a bite or have a dinner, lunch. Definitely recommend to visit.
I love looking towards Sea Port from this Park.
Green and beautiful! Sea view
Lovely place to walk and enjoy seaside with attractions.
Nice park, good place to go with kids.
All Questionsshevchenko park
- Attractions near Shevchenko Park
- Main Synagogue Of Odessa
- Odessa Numismatics Museum
- Spaso-Preobrazhenskiy Cathedral
- Paleontological Museum And Mineralogical Museum
- Odessa Local Lore And History Museum
- Roman Catholic Church Of St. Paul The Apostle
- Muzey Geroicheskoy Oborony Odessy
- Vorontsov Palace
- Luzanivka Beach
- Aquapark Odessa
- Municipal O.bleschunov Museum Of Private Collections
- Odessa Zoo
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Odessa
- Church Of The Holy Martyrs Adrian And Natalia
- Odessa Cultural Center
- St. Elijah Monastery
- Vorontsov Monument
- Monument To Sergey Utochkin
- Odessa Mechnikov National University
- Гостиница в Одессе - "Де Ришелье"
- Zolote Dytia
- Spartak Stadium
- Monument To Leonid Utiosov
- Odessa International Airport