Smuggling MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Katerynyns'ka St, 6, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
- Timings: 11:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +380-674837693
- Ticket Price: 40 UAH
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids
Smuggling Museum - Review
Not far away from the Opera Theatre, in the basement of a building, is a fun attraction. This small but highly intriguing museum uses of 150 historical artefacts to explore the history of smuggling in Odessa. Most of the artefacts focus on how things are hidden by smugglers. The sheer variety of hidey-holes they came up with is fascinating. It is said that the Smugglers of the city were among the most creative in the world. There is also a cursory exploration of the economics of smuggling. Visitors tend to be surprisingly entertained. The guide at the Museum is very knowledgeable about text contents and is eager to answer your questions.
How To reach Smuggling Museum by Public Transport
- Buses 117, 137, 145, 22A, 221 stop Lanzheronivska St Lanzheronovskaya
- Funicular Prymors'kyi Blvd - Mors'kyi port stop Prymors'kyi Blvd.
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Odessa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Odessa and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Smuggling Museum
95% of people who visit Odessa include Smuggling Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
58.43% of people start their Smuggling Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Smuggling Museum
79.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Smuggling Museum
Smuggling Museum Map
Smuggling Museum Trips
Smuggling Museum, Odessa Reviews
This place neither does roundtours in English, nor they have signs in English. Instead they give you a badly written pamflett in English. The exhibit manly consists of props and pictures, you are better of just reading a Wikipedia page on smuggling.
It was a very interesting museum with a lot of different information about smuggling in old times. However the exhibition could be a bit better. Also even though the staff gives you an English guide, it is a bit hard to understand what the English guide paper says since there are not any explanations in English in the exhibition.
Very interesting if you have a guide. Unfortunately, guides don't speak English
Good story-tellers, but I expected more from exposition.
All QuestionsSmuggling museum
- Palais-royal Garden
- Roman Catholic Church Of St. Paul The Apostle
- Odessa Local Lore And History Museum
- Witch House Of Odessa
- U Baby Uti Wax Museum
- Tolstoi Palace
- Pushkin Museum
- Paleontological Museum And Mineralogical Museum
- Odessa Railway Station
- Odessa Philharmonic Theater
- Muzeum Literatury
- Monument For Odessa Police
- Museo Parrocchiale Di San Grato
- Sala Giochi Del Corso Di Farina Caterina
- Santuario S. Domenico
- Pirotecnica Peter Pan Dicalvetta Fioravante
- Biblioteca Calabrese Centro Culturale Folklore
- Biblioteca Calabrese Istituto
- Parrocchia San Martino Vescovo
- Sergio Giuseppe
- Vallesella Di Cadore
- Camping International Di Cologna
- Da Vià Federico
- Ptp Rifugio Bajon - Rifugio Cai Permanente
- Parrocchia SS Quirico E Giulitta