Halveti Hayati Tekke1 Vote Currently Open
- Address: St Clement of Ohrid, Ohrid 6000, Macedonia (FYROM) Map
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Dating back to the early 18th century, the Halveti Hayati Tekke is one of the most beautiful buildings you will find in the old part of the city. With the city being witness to the Ottoman Empire, this mosque is a rare find especially considering the fact this is one of the few places around the city which represents the Islam culture. The stunning architecture of the place with beautiful motifs that spin an old-world charm, the spiritual ambience and the beautiful Minar that rises above the mosque’s main building, makes this a special find in Ohrida. The ablution centre is located underground and is used by men and women separately. The beautiful chandeliers, impeccable wooden ceiling and a number of quotes from the Quran that can be seen on the walls of the prayer hall along with a number of tombs at the mosque, are some of the highlights of the mosque. Take some time off to come here to offer a prayer during your stay in the city.
Halveti Hayati Tekke Travel Tips
- Wear modest clothes. It is customary to cover your head with a scarf/ traditional cap before entering the mosque.
How to Reach Halveti Hayati Tekke
- By Bus : Tamaro Bus Stop (Bus Station Tamaro)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike.
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ohrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ohrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Halveti Hayati Tekke Address: St Clement of Ohrid, Ohrid 6000, Macedonia (FYROM)
- Time required to visit Halveti Hayati Tekke: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.42% of people who visit Ohrid include Halveti Hayati Tekke in their plan
95% of people start their Halveti Hayati Tekke visit around 6 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Halveti Hayati Tekke
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Halveti Hayati Tekke
People normally also visit Upper Gate while planning their trip to Halveti Hayati Tekke.