How to Reach Ohrid
- By air: Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle International Airport is just 7 kilometers away from the city center. The airport connects the city with other major cities like Amsterdam, Brussels, Zurich, Belgrade, and Tel Aviv. There are weekly flights to Basel and London as well. However, some airlines fly only during summer and hence a brief background check is recommended before planning a visit.
- By bus: The city is well connected to Bitola and Skopje by a daily bus service. The bus station of Ohrid is located just two kilometers away from the city center. You can hire a taxi to travel there. A local bus from Ohrid takes visitors to places like the Tushemisht border and Stevi Naum. This bus runs six or seven times a day.
- By Eurobus: Eurobus is an international coach operator that connects many countries in Europe. Daily, the bus coaches from Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Italy and stops in major cities like Tetovo, Skopje, Ohrid.
- By taxi: Tourists can get around the city easily with taxis. However, the taxi drivers may charge extra to the tourists and you have to insist on traveling by meter.
- On foot: The old town of the city is best explored by foot. Many attractions of the city are located close to each other.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ohrid. The most preferred mode of transport in Ohrid is Walking.
Average distance: 0.5 km Average time: 10 min
Walking 100%Walking 10 min Overall average time for 0.5 kms 10 min