How to Reach Ohrid
- By air: Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle International Airport is just 7 kilometers away from the city center. The airport connects the city with other major cities like Amsterdam, Brussels, Zurich, Belgrade, and Tel Aviv. There are weekly flights to Basel and London as well. However, some airlines fly only during summer and hence a brief background check is recommended before planning a visit.
- By bus: The city is well connected to Bitola and Skopje by a daily bus service. The bus station of Ohrid is located just two kilometers away from the city center. You can hire a taxi to travel there. A local bus from Ohrid takes visitors to places like the Tushemisht border and Stevi Naum. This bus runs six or seven times a day.
- By Eurobus: Eurobus is an international coach operator that connects many countries in Europe. Daily, the bus coaches from Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Italy and stops in major cities like Tetovo, Skopje, Ohrid.
- By taxi: Tourists can get around the city easily with taxis. However, the taxi drivers may charge extra to the tourists and you have to insist on traveling by meter.
- On foot: The old town of the city is best explored by foot. Many attractions of the city are located close to each other.
|Skopje to Ohrid||114.28 km||1 hour 54 mins|
|Prishtina to Ohrid||164.83 km||2 hours 44 mins|
|Shtip to Ohrid||167.23 km||2 hours 47 mins|
|Niš to Ohrid||257.96 km||4 hours 17 mins|
|Kotor to Ohrid||263.6 km||4 hours 23 mins|
|Dubrovnik to Ohrid||340.8 km||5 hours 40 mins|
|Sarajevo to Ohrid||390.3 km||6 hours 30 mins|
|Budapest to Ohrid||694.18 km||11 hours 34 mins|
|Ploiești to Ohrid||697.51 km||11 hours 37 mins|
|Zagreb to Ohrid||728.65 km||12 hours 8 mins|