Hristo Uzunov HouseCurrently Open
- Address: Car Samoil 49, Ohrid 6000, Macedonia (FYROM) Map
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids
The Memorial House of Hristo Uzunov was built in the 19th century and was where Hristo Uzunov- the famous reformist from Ohrid was born and lived. The house played an important role as it was the place where revolutionaries would meet during the pre-llinden and post-llinden period. After Hristo Uzunov and his brother Dimitar Uzunov died, their mother moved to Bulgaria to stay with their only surviving brother Angel Uzunov. Over time many important people have lived in this house including Menda Piruzeva, Ivan Dojchin and Naum Ribaroski among others.
In 1953, the place was declared to be a building of national and cultural importance and today, it is one of the best preserved buildings in the city of its time. Come here to see the architecture of the place and to walk around the adjoining garden. A walk into the house and you can see a permanent collection of important documents and manuscripts dating from the llinden period and a personal memorabilia collection that includes objects from the personal collection of Hristo Uzunov.
Hristo Uzunov House Travel Tips
- Ask locals for admission hours and prices.
How to Reach Hristo Uzunov House
- By Bus : Tamaro Bus Stop (There is Tamaro)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ohrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ohrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Hristo Uzunov House Address: Car Samoil 49, Ohrid 6000, Macedonia (FYROM)
- Time required to visit Hristo Uzunov House: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!