Monument St. Kliment OhridskiCurrently Open
- Address: Tsentralnaya Square, Ohrid, Republic of Macedon, Macedonia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:10 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Monument, Family And Kids
St Clement was a notable writer, scholar and preacher to the Slavs. He was one of the most prominent disciples of Saints Cyril and Methodius who are credited for establishing the Glagolitic and Cyrillic scripts. His work with Christen Slavs is what made him an iconic figure and the fact that he started Ohrid’s Literary School is the reason why he is considered the patron of education in the Slav community and the patron saint of the Republic of Macedonia. He is also the first ever bishop of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church along with being one of the Apostles. After his death in the 10th century, the saint was buried at Saint Panteleimon Church where he still lays in peace.
The monument itself is the city’s way of remembering St. Clementine’s contribution. His statue lies at the centre of the bustling town and depicts the saint holding a number of houses with his left hand- representing his protective power that will always remain over the country.
How to Reach Monument St. Kliment Ohridski
- By Bus: Tamaro Bus Stop (Bus Station Tamaro)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike.
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ohrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ohrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Monument St. Kliment Ohridski Address: Tsentralnaya Square, Ohrid, Republic of Macedon, Macedonia
- Monument St. Kliment Ohridski Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Monument St. Kliment Ohridski(preferred time): 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Monument St. Kliment Ohridski: 00:10 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!