Agena Castle RuinsCurrently Open
- Address: Agena, Uruma, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Dating back to the 14th century, the Agena Castle Ruins is a gusuku styled castle made from limestone with walkways that twirl around its haunting yet beautiful remains. The castle stands tall at height of 161 feet above the sea level and originally had a grand other gate that no more exists since it was destroyed by the Ryukyu army A historic small circular auditorium lies here amidst the ruins that was once used as a bullfighting ruin. There are benches and shrines located around where you can take a break from the hike.
Other highlights of the place include:
- The utaki sites of worship that belong to the Ryukyuan religion
- Fragments of Chinese ceramics that date back to the 14th and 15th century and can be spotted throughout the terrain
Agena Castle Ruins Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks and wear study shoes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Agena Castle Ruins
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
How to Reach Agena Castle Ruins
- By Bus
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Okinawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Okinawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Agena Castle Ruins Address: Agena, Uruma, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
- Agena Castle Ruins Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Agena Castle Ruins(preferred time): 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Agena Castle Ruins: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!