Iso Castle RuinsCurrently Open
- Address: 〒901-2132, 3 Chome-47-11 Iso, Urasoe, Okinawa Prefecture 901-2132, Japan Map
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Park, Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids
The Iso Castle Ruins is where King Yeongjo was born. The castle dates back to the 13th century and was later expanded in the 17th century. Like many historic structures around Okinawa, the Iso castle too was destroyed in the battle of Okinawa. However, parts of the structure were restored in 2005 and even today, you can find some sections of the original building still with a few rocks that bear inscriptions. The nearby Iso park is a loved spot by children and includes swings, slides, a rope bridge and a zip-line along with ample of space to climb and explore. Don’t forget to take a walk around the forest area especially if you love nature.
Iso Castle Ruins Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and wear sturdy shoes.
How to Reach Iso Castle Ruins
- By Bus: Kakazu
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Okinawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Okinawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Iso Castle Ruins Address: 〒901-2132, 3 Chome-47-11 Iso, Urasoe, Okinawa Prefecture 901-2132, Japan
- Time required to visit Iso Castle Ruins: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!